Wednesday 11 September 2013

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

As promised, here's a sneak peak from tomorrow's shows. The theme is shoes and flowers.

For the background, I inked through the Doddle Daisies Mask with Fired Brick Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I moved the mask around so that the whole area was covered. Next, with the stamp in my hand, I stamped the Vintage Filigree A6 Stamp several times, again using Fired Brick. Using the same technique, I stamped the Bubbles Stamp using Festive Berries Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and then popped it though the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Taylor Embossing Folder to add some texture. I ran it though a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Fired Brick.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Floral Footsteps Stamp Set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Blue Raspberry Aurora Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fleur De Lys Squares and inked through the die with Fired Brick.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Blue Raspberry Aurora. I cut it out using Spellbinders Card Creator Distressed Edges and inked through the die with Fired Brick.

I made a scrunched flower ( I will demo this in the 12noon show) with 6 layers cut from the Spellbinders Blossom 5 die set. I inked the edges with Fired Brick after it was complete. I cut a couple of leaves out of Ruby Card using the Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a fantastic card love all the show
    stamps and dies that are around just now.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    lovely card will be watching tomorrow thank you take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Love this card can not wait till I can get the stamp aim shoe mad so I have to get this one thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, I'm loving this card, especially the flowery shoe, it is gorgeous. I will be recording tomorrow's shows as I will be at a Craft Show in Manchester, so don't sell out of everything ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, WOW! we are getting spoilt today with Sue & yourself, going to be an expensive week!

    The card is stunning I love, love, love the Shoe stamps Wow! Beautiful. Card looks striking in Red too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Julia, WOW, WOW, WOW, love it, that stamp is fab. I feel some spending coming on. Hope to be able to watch the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia this card is gorgeous the colours, the stamps and the dies are all amazing. I will record your shows tomorrow as I will be at work. I think we are in for a treat. Have a fab day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, another fabulous card, will be watching the shows. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, love that flower. Will be watching tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, wow what a stunning card. Just adore that shoe stamp. Looking forward to tomorrow's shows. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia great colours and background

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Great card. I love the scrunched flower and the bubble background. Safe journeys to and from the studio. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia
    I love the background - really effective. The flower is lovely and am loving the leaf die (I have those). Am not liking the stamp though - not my thing I'm affraid.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia,
    What a fun and femme card. Looking forward to the shows tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia. Beautiful card. Love the flower. I'll sadly miss the lunchtime show tomorrow but will hopefully be back for the later one.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card love the colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete

  17. Hi Julia,

    Love the card. The colour is beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia
    Stunning - glad to see the Julia background is back - I love your technique. Looking forward to the shows tomorrow.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,
    Love the colour of your background combination you have used, great flower and I love the the design but the stamp is not for me, sorry.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia, WOW this is a real stunner, love the colour, the shoe stamp and the background is amazing. The flower is gorgeous, can't wait to see the shows.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia
    Love today's card especially the bubbles stamp, and the res embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,

    Oh, I love everything about this card. Really looking forward to your shows.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very risque looking card, ooh,la,la. Loving the blossom and loving how you are blossoming in your career. Mabex

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good Morning Julia, such a pretty card today,the background,image colours and use of dies are fab. I am hoping to see the shows tomorrow or record as I'm working, but I do feel a spending spree coming on. Thank you so much for the inspiration.
    Hugs May xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia, a love;y card. Really like the shoe stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really love the colour you've used on this Julia. The stamp is gorgeous and the whole thing is just sooooo feminine. Looking forward to the show. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good afternoon Julia,
    I love the colour of red that has been brought out by creative expressions and the RED SHOEEEEEE is beautiful. O how i wish i could walk as i would want the real version in red of course.
    Thank you JUlia,
    Crafty hugs
    Norah

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia, just love this card so colourful and happy. love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful card Julia and I love that rose

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  30. A very pretty card just right for the young at heart. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great card Julia, loved the stamps and the shows,
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!