Saturday 28 September 2013

Always in Vogue

Hi Bloggers.

I'm in Bristol today at a Craft Group teaching an all day workshop - should be fun.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I stamped the border stamp that comes on the Belle of the Ball Stamp Set top and bottom using Barn Door Distress Ink and embossed them with Cosmic Shimmer Arctic Pearl Lustre Embossing Powder. I ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Large Hepburn Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Barn Door using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks - Cosmic Tone (from the Skin Tones Set), Marigold and Scarlet Flame (from the Autumn Shades Set). I also added some Copper Mica Powder (as a paint - from the Metallics Set). I cut the image out using scissors and went around the edges with a Black Pen to hide any white bits.

I cut a Spellbinders Floral Oval and at the emboss stage added the Knitted Mask. I inked through the die with Barn Door.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set, again using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fleur de Lys Squares and inked through the die with Barn Door.

I made 2 flowers out of Cream Crochet Ribbon as per Sue's Tutorial. I stamped a couple of leaves from the Heartfelt Creations Open Leaf Stamp Set using Perfect Medium. I brushed Copper Mica Powder over, wiped off the excess and set with water. I cut them out using the Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Berry Red Pearlescent PVA around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

28 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    A very pretty card have a good day take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Love this one must get the stamps have a great day in Bristol Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia love this card, saw your demo of this, dress with gold is gorgeous and the flowers are great. Enjoy Bristol today and have a restful Sunday Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, enjoy Bristol. Love this card and the dress is gorgeous. The flowers are lovely, I saw your demo on C&C and will have to try them.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Very elegant today, loving these dresses, super colour combo.
    Enjoy Bristol.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your demo on tv lovely card and flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I must have a go at making the flowers. Enjoy your day it sounds like fun. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, Have a lovely day today. Your card is lovely, the compilation is gorgeous and the dress stamp is really intricate, I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi julia, love the card, the copper mica on the dress really makes it ping. Have a great day , lol lynne m x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, another great card with fab colours. I think the bags stamps are my favourites out of the 2 sets. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. Great card and I love the beautiful border stamp. Hope you have a good time today in Bristol. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Stunning card. The dress is so pretty and beautifully coloured. I have the floral oval die and I love it. Have a great day in Bristol.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, another stunning card, love the stamps! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete

  14. Hi Julia,

    Fabulous card. Love it all. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia,
      Great card, love the dress stamps.
      Lydia
      X

      Delete
  15. Love the stamps Julia great colours too love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely card and colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card Julia. Love everything about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,

    Hope your craft day is going /gone well.

    Beautiful card, love the colour and the boards are fabulous.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia, Stunning card, love the colours and the dress stamp. Have a good day in Bristol.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, a fabulous card the mica really pops just put
    some on a card I'm doing for my daughters birthday
    with the shoe stamps on the background.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card this morning Julia, love the colours

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, at long last have got my computer back so have been catching up on the cards. They are beautiful. I live today's card and the color combo is smashing. Have a great day in Bristol.
    Hugs Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,

    Am late today. Busy fund raising. Love the card. Its really pretty.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A beautiful and elegant card. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card! The stamps and colours are fabulous! It was lovely to meet you at Ally Pally last Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card - very classy Julia. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Evening Julia, lovely card. I hope you enjoyed your days teaching,
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!