Wednesday 4 September 2013

To the World

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Another really simple card - hopefully you will be able to see the lovely detail from the Gold Rectangles One dies on the pics.

The background is simply a piece of Coconut White Card run through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Extra Confetti Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and then inked around the edges with Fired Brick Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Heartfelt Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Classic Rectangles Large and inked through the die with Fired Brick.

I placed the largest 2 Spellbinders Gold Rectangles Dies within a Spellbinders Grand Rectangle Die onto some Ruby Card and then cut & embossed them.


I made a flower using a die from the Spellbinders Standard Circles Large die set. There are 6 layers in this flower. I'm sorry, I just don't have time to record a step by step for the flowers - I have demoed them quite a few times on tv now and will try and include a demo using a different die set in one of my shows on 12th Sept. I stamped 2 of the leaves from the Heartfelt Creations Open Leaf Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut them out using the Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf Die Set.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Red Sheer Wrinkled Edge Ribbon and added a Fancy Pearl Embellishment.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

36 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, another great card a bit dark
    colour for me but definately one to try in a different
    colour and I love these flowers use them a lot.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia
    thank you a lovely bold card not sure about these new dies, take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Julia, especially the gorgeous red and white. I am going to have a go at the flowers and I'll be happy if they look half as good as yours!
    Marion B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card love the flowers the colours a little dark for me but I will try this one out in lilac and gold thank you for the ideas Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia today's card is beautiful I love the dramatic contrast in the colours.Have a great day. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, stunning card, the colours are striking. Have to have a go with these flowers. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, beautiful card, the colours are stunning and love that flower! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia
    Such a stunning card the colours are stunning.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, great card and colours and the dies show well

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, A truly lovely card, loving the embossing folder background, and I absolutely adore the ruby card you have used. I loved it so much, have just ordered it, alongside a couple of others, from your Amazon Store. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia gorgeous card, colours are stunning, flower is so pretty, love it all! I have the ruby card but not yet used it. Now, I'll just have to! Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty Must get some of that ruby card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Lovely. That gorgeous ruby card is so rich. Great flower too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia
    I love the rose, looks great with the black and white stamped leaves - will use that myself. Although I LOVE Spellbinders I'm not sure I'm loving the new dies - a bit too subtle for me perhaps!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card very bold with the red and white love this sentiment xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. A romantic card for those special occasions, done in different colours for different occasions..I like it. Mabex

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, beautiful card this morning, really eye catching, I love it.

    Hope you have a great day,
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, lovely card today. It has a real feel of romance about it. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning Julia and everyone
    lovely card in rich colours.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Julia,
    Wonderful card, great flowers and I love the ruby colour.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete

  23. Hi Julia,

    Love the card. So rich. X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,

    Love the card. Very rich looking. Will certainly copy!!

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the design Julia and the sentiment is one of my favourites. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another lovely card Julia. Love the colours. Would like to attempt making the flower. Looks really great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, love the card and the colours are very warm, everything is very pretty love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia

    Love today's card, the ruby is so rich. such an easy card to copy. Must have a go at making a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning Julia. This red card looks different in different photos so must look lovely in real life. I have been making quite a few flowers recently using your method in different sizes some with dies some with just scraps of card or paper and they look so effective. Best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Julia, A striking card, the ruby card is dramatic and the detail from the new dies is stunning, Love the flower and the sentiment.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia. A beautiful rich colour and a flower to die for. Beautiful.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia super card love the red it is so rich.
    Smiles
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the ruby card Julia and once again a brilliant flower to finish the card off

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia, once again another beautiful card, the sentiment is lovely, and the flower is stunning, hugs May xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful Julia, just beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!