Monday 30 September 2013

Be Yourself

Hi Bloggers.

I made this card at Ally Pally with what I had with me.

For the background, I randomly inked through the Squared Mask with Dried Marigold Distress Ink. Then, with the stamp in my hand, I randomly stamped the Newsprint Stamp using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I repeated the process with the Filigree Stamp and Dried Marigold and finally the Bubbles Stamp and Tattered Rose Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Cheerful Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design. I rubbed some Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax all over the surface. I left it a few minutes to dry and then inked around the edged with Dried Marigold using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image from the Belle of the Ball Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks - I used Cosmic Tone (from the Skin Tones Set), Sunflower (from the Summer Fayre Set), Marigold (from the Autumn Shades Set) and Soft Moss (from the Garden Twist Set). I cut it out using scissors and went around the edges with a Black Pen to hide any white bits. I cut out a Spellbinders Opulent Oval. At the emboss stage I added the Peacock Feathers Mask. I inked through the die with Dried Marigold Distress Ink.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using a Justrite Vintage Labels Four die and inked through the die with Dried Marigold.

I tied a bow using White Crochet Ribbon and added a Frosted Peach Dazzler.

I assembled the card as shown adding some White Pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

23 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    Thank you a very pretty card I love the colours, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Julia,
    Another fantastic card and a cheery way to start the week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia
    Another great card hope you had a good weekend thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, great card, love the vibrant colours, and as always an awesome background. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia
    Fabulous, a great card. Good to see your signature backgrounds are back.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, love the dress and the background is fabulous. Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is beautiful. Have a great day. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, A lovely card today, I really love the intricate detail on this dress stamp.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,

    Lovely card, love everything about it

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Julia the colours in the dress and stunning love it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning dress and the background is gorgeous. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This colour palette is really growing on me, love the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Great card. I love the dress and the coloursyou have used. Take care.


    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Julia. The dress is very pretty and it looks like gold on your photograph x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Another pretty girly card. Love the dress stamp.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,

    Yet another stunner. Thank you for taking the time to share.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely stunning, Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, A stunning vibrant card to cheer up a dull dark morning. The dress stamp is gorgeous and as always the background is amazing.
    Take care.
    Hugs June XXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the card Julia such beautiful stamps Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia. The background is amazing as usual and lucky people at Ally Pally to be able to watch you making this.

    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, really like the card. Love the background and the dress stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, another great card and nice colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, very colourful card and nice sentiment too.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!