Thursday 13 June 2013

You're so Sweet

Hi Bloggers.

I have shows today on Create & Craft at 8am, 3pm and 5pm (extra show). I hope you can join me for one or more of them.

Here's today's card -

Again, this is a really simple card to construct but I wanted to share with you the use of the Cosmic Shimmer Tropic Pearl Lustre Embossing Powder. More on that in a while.

For the background, I randomly stamped one of the flourishes from the Heartfelt Creations Rye Grass Flourish Pre Cut Set using Dried Marigold Distress Ink. I then randomly stamped one of the flower clusters from the Creative Expressions Posy Florals 2 Stamp Set using Tattered Rose Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Peacock Pleasure Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design and then inked around the edges with Dried Marigold.

I stamped the image from the Creative Expressions Posy Florals 1 Stamp Set using Dried Marigold and embossed with Tropic Pearl Lustre Embossing Powder. This is a really fun thing to do, try using your embossing powders on top of different colour inks and see what you get. For example, you may like the way a powder looks on black card but don't want to actually use black card, stamp with Black Archival instead and add your chosen powder - it gives a lovely effect (just remember to get your powder on quick if using an archival ink). I cut the image out using Spellbinders Labels 28 and inked through the die with Dried Marigold.

I cut the largest of the Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge dies out of Coconut White Card. I left the card in the die, placed the Lattice Mask on top and spritzed through the mask with Marigold Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mister. I removed the excess ink and removed from the die.

I stamped the sentiment from the Posy Florals 1 Stamp Set using Dried Marigold and embossed with Tropic Pearl Lustre. I cut it out with another Spellbinders Fancy Postage Edge die and inked through the die with Dried Marigold.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by. See you at 8am!

Julia

35 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    Beautiful card, I already have the ironing board set up for the 8 show, lol... Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia,

    Great card, have already ordered the cosmic shimmer embossing powders and the patchwork mask as did not want to miss them or your shows today lol!

    Good luck with both your shows.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    Super card, will be recording the shows today as work would like me to attend lol.....
    Enjoy yourself today.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Great card I will try to catch your shows but aim working today so I am hoping my DVD recorder kick in again thank you Tracy w x have a great show

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, a superb card, great example of your inspiring backgrounds. Hope the shows go well. Just wish they would give you more demo time. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, Lovely card. Hope I can get to watch the live
    show's. Will be recording tho....Good luck with the show's.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia the card is beautiful. Good luck with the shows I will be recording them as I am working but I will be at home for the extra show. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moning Julia, beautiful card! I have to record the shows again because of work, but am sure they will be great! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great tip on using black Archival ink to stamp and then using the cosmic shimmer embossing colours on top. Good Luck with the shows today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, tv on ready to watch and have set up the recorder too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. like these smbossing powders.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and layout loving the embossing powders cant wait to watch later xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Julia, I am sitting here at the moment watching you on C&C and following your demo for todays card!!! its lovely, as always, hope todays shows all go well, I can only watch the 8 o'clock hour as have to work this afternoon... xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia. I am watching you make this card, same as Lindsay! It is so pretty. Hope you have a good time today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, I am sat watching you now, lovely card and lovely cards on TV too! Love Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, I, too, am sitting watching you on C&C, what fantastic demo's, and the samples are stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, beautiful card and nice spring colours
    just in and turned on tv and there you were showing this
    card you must have just finished it but I am recording
    your shows anyway so I don't miss anything.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia. I've just watched you make this card and its beautiful. Great show. Love you with Leonnie.

    I'm going to enjoy the rest of the shows today.

    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia

    Missed the first show but I did record it so will catch it later

    I love todays card its so pretty

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, have put all the shows on to tape so i will have plenty to watch when i get home .. love the card and the colors so pretty love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi Julia, thoroughly enjoyed the show this morning and seeing the techniques makes things so much easier to understand!! Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, watched the show at 8am. Love the work you do. Iv never been much of a stamper, but you've got me going now.
    Loved yesterdays and todays card . See you later!! Deniseann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia, Missed the early show, but will be watching later, great to have an extra show. Today's card is really pretty, the embossing is beautiful, thank you for the tip re archival ink.
    Have fun and enjoy the shows.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A really pretty card, great show this morning and I'm looking forward to later ones

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete

  25. Morning Julia,

    Such a pretty card. Enjoyed watching it being made on the show. X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning Julia
    Loved this morning 's show...your great techniques, the gorgeous end products as above and all the goodies available!
    Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this afternoon!
    have a great day
    Lara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning Julia
    Have just watched the 8am show had to record it, great show as always and some really super examples.
    Have a good day.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card Julia, the colour is lovely and fresh and once again, fab background.
    So disappointed about the shows, esp as there was going to be an extra one. Did you run out of stock?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tunned in for the show and no Julia. Wish they would say why as I missed this morning show due to school run.

    Love today's cards its lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia, Just watched my recording of your 8am show, switched over and you are not there at 3pm and just seen your message, boo. Hope you are OK, I know you have been working hard with your move etc. Lovely card you are showing us today though. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card, Julia - saw you briefly on early show and See others today are cancelled. I also hope you're ok xx
    Hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia,
    Great 8am show. Very pretty card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  33. Well done Julia enjoyed the show this morning. I will check the schedules to see when you are next on, you give me confidence to have a go at stamping and cutting. Do you stamp and heat emboss and then die cut? Perhaps you would give a lesson sometime for us newbies. Valerie xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia loved the show, hope all is OK cause there were no more!! These embossing powders look soooo much better on the card in real life, rather than a photo! I watched you make this one and it is beautiful. Have a great day. Hugs Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!