Friday 6 January 2012

A Vintage Inventor Mother's Day Card

Hi Bloggers,

Today I'm sharing a Mother's Day card which I've made featuring Mr. Inventor.


The background papers are from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found. The grey card is Core'dinations Colorcore. I used it for the very back of the card and I used it with the Creative Expressions Bark Embossing Folder. I sanded the embossed card.

I stamped Mr. Inventor in Jet Black Archival and inked him with Old Paper Distress Ink and then Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I cut him out leaving a thin border around the edge. I mounted him onto some backing paper which was cut using the Spellbinders Curved Rectangles die set.

The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley. I inked it up with Old Paper and Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I cut a mat from one of the backing papers using the Spellbinders Eyelet Circles.

I cut some leaves out of light grey card using the Spellbinders Foliage Die set and inked with Old Paper Distress Ink while still in the die. The flowers are made from the backing papers and Spellbinders Spiral Blossom Two.

I assembled the card as shown adding a pearl in each corner.

Hope you like the card.

I'm sharing this card with my friends at Make It Monday

Thanks for stopping by. Please join me on Create & Craft tomorrow at 12noon and 6pm when I will be demonstrating Mr. Inventor.

Julia.

3 comments:

  1. Loving the foliage and spiral blossoms here, what a lovely card to receive xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this card Julia.... he is a dapper chap!! Good luck for tomorrow... will be tuning in to see you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers! Love how they pop against the black and white! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!