Wednesday 19 October 2011

Falling Leaves

Hi.

This evening I have an Autumn card to share. It's made with the new Creative Expressions Falling Leaves stamp set.


First I made the backing paper for the tree. It was made by scrunching up a poly bag and then inking it up with distress ink and then pressing it onto the card. I used Scattered Straw, Crushed Olive and Tea Dye. I made sure that the ink was dry before I stamped the tree in Perfect Medium. I embossed the image with Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Black Aurora Embossing Powder. This is a gorgeous powder which looks a different colour depending on the angle you look at it.

I distressed the edges of the card with scissors and then inked them with Scattered Straw Distress Ink. I then mounted this onto rust card then brown card and did some paper piercing using the Tim Holtz ruler.

I followed the same method for the sentiment (from the Creative Expressions stamp set Seasonal Flora).

For the large background I used a piece of glossy white card. I stamped the vine leaves from the stamp set in perfect medium and then used a heat tool to dry the ink. I then used Wild Honey, Scattered Straw and Tea Dye distress ink with Cut & dry foam to make the images 'pop out'. I distressed the edges again and this time edged with Crushed Olive instead. Again I used rust and dark brown card for the layers but omitted the paper piercing.


I stamped one of the leaves from the stamp set onto clear shrink plastic with green StazOn. I cut the leaf out carefully and punched a hole near the top. I then shrank it using my heat tool.

I made a bow with some brown satin ribbon and wrapped some yellow baker's twine around it. I attached the shrink plastic charm to the twine with 2 gold jump rings.
I attached the bow to the card with some Cosmic Shimmer dries clear PVA and added a brown ribbon with some more yellow baker's twine threaded through it.

I hope you like the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


I stam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!