Monday 29 May 2017

Happy Birthday

Hi Bloggers.

I was inspired by a sample by Jane Gill to make this card (the card I made on the last Woodware One Day Special is later on in this post using different products so be sure to scroll down to see it).

For the background, I started by adding a little Scarlet Mist CS Pixie Powder to a piece of Coconut White Card. I spritzed with a little water and blew through a straw to move the ink around. I repeated this with Pewter and Peacock Green Pixie Powders.

Once dry, I stamped several of the sentiments from the Woodware Plenty of Birthdays Stamp Set using Onyx Black Versafine Ink. I cut out using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Rectangles and inked around the edges with CS Misty Grey Chalk Cloud using a Smoothie.  I matted onto Black Card cut fromthe next sized die in the set and popped onto a Coconut White Card blank.

I cut Sue Wilson's Happy Birthday Circle out of Black Card.
 
I stamped the cake and the candle from the same stamp set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Scarlet Mist Pixie Powder using a Water Brush, adding a little Graphmaster BG1 Alcohol Marker as a shadow. I cut out using scissors leaving a thin white border around and added to my card using CE Mounting Cushion.

|I completed my card by adding a 5mm Black Pearl to each corner.

Here's the card I made on the One Day Special shows -

I used misters for the background - Phill Martin Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist, Phill Martin Old Gold Mister and Pastel Purple Chalk Mister. I edged with Pastel Purple Chalk Mister which I sprayed onto my Craft Sheet and picked up with a piece of Cut n Dry Foam.

I coloured the cake in using CS Summer Garden Watercolour Paint Set and CS Essentials Watercolour Paint Set using a Water Brush.

I thought I would also share the background that Charlie made during the show as we had so much fun doing this -

I added a couple more ideas to the Stained Glass Window techniques on yesterday's post so if you visited before 10:15am yesterday morning, you may want to pop back.

Phill Martin is continuing with his One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 26th May is................................

 Cathie Weary

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (29th May) -
Craft Consortium Satin Ribbon - Lilac 3m each of 10,15 & 20mm only 99p!

23 comments:

  1. Morning julia, lovely samples today.

    Congrats to Cathie Weary

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    Fabulous cards. I loved the Hochanda show where you demoed this technique with Charlie, it was such fun.
    Congrats to Cathie.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Julia. Two amazing cards this morning . You have showed of the stamps wonderfully. I remember you creating the backgrounds with Charlie. I think I need to add these stamps to my collection. Congratulations to Cathie.
    ...Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, Julia.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, I love the splattered paint look.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Julia x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia these cards are stunning I love them both. The stamps are amazing. Have a wonderful day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea I just need to buy some straws now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia. Loved watching you making this background. Charlie really went for it didn't he. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards this morning, Julia. Love that background.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are great Julia. Thank you for the extra tips to use with stained glass window dies.
    Congratulations to Cathie
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both these cards Julia I like the stamps
    Thank you june horrocks xxxxx
    Congrats to Cathie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, 2 wonderful cards, love the different technique for doing the background, another great one to try. Well done Cathie. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I reckon you had a lot of fun making these lovely cards!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Brilliant card, love the background and you and Charlie looked like you had so much fun with it.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very busy card today Julia, love the idea of the backgrounds....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia

    Love how you created the background.... straws to the ready!

    Great cards too

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work of art Julia, we3ll done to your lucky winner enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I love how you have used the sentiment and the background does look great fun. I think this would be wonderful for a male or teen Card. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Cathie Weary.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia
    I love today's card the background brilliant I love this type of card.
    Hug's Lynda Brock xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia I love these cards the background technique gives a different look

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, I love the background effects on these cards, the straw trails are so effective.
    Congratulations to Cathie.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    Great cards. I love how you created the background. Thanks for sharing.

    Congrats to Cathie Weary.

    Hugs
    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!