Monday 22 May 2017

One Day Special launching this evening

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a new One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with the Stained Glass Window Collection from Sue Wilson. I hope you can join me.

I have 3 simple cards for you today - one for each of the dies in the collection.

I cut the Butterfly Stained Glass Window die out of Antique Gold Card, Silver Mirror Card and Black Card. After each cut, I carefully removed the die cut from the die leaving all the fall away pieces in the die. I used strips of Low Tack Tape all over the back of the die and pushed fall away pieces into it (you can also use Cricut Transfer Tape). I turned the die over to the front and used my Tool n One to push the pieces out of the die onto the tape.

I popped a piece of CE Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto Coconut White Card. I peeled off the other backing sheet and added the die cut. I added Black and Silver Mirror Card pieces to the exposed double sided adhesive as shown. I added CS Pale Bronze Polished Silk Glitter to the remaining space.

I completed my card by matting onto Black Card, Silver Mirror Card and then adding to a Black Card blank.

I started by creating my background. I added CS Glue to a piece of Acetate. I misted with a little water and spread the glue all over the Acetate using my finger. I then added lots of CS Pixie Powder. I used Emerald, Scarlet Mist and Mango Blaze. I misted with a little more water to increase the vibrancy of the colours. I sprinkled CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost over. I screwed up a piece of White Tissue Paper, opened it back up and added it to my background, tapping itdown with a piece of Kitchen Roll. I put aside to dry (2 - 4 hours approx).

I cut the Bonsai Tree Stained Glass Window Die out of Coconut White Card. Once my background was dry, I trimmed it slightly smaller than my die cut piece. I used Quickie Glue to adhere the die cut to my background. I completed my card by matting onto Black Card and then popping onto a Coconut White Card blank.

For this card, I used a background that I demonstrated on my last Hochanda shows. To recap how the background was made -

I started by misting a piece of Watercolour Card with Phill Martin's CS Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist. I blotted it off with Kitchen Roll, misted again and blotted again. I placed the Droplets Mask on top, on one side and misted with water. I picked the mask up and turned it over and popped it on the other side of my background, so that the water lying on the mask was now touching my background. I removed the mask and blotted the whole area with Kitchen Roll.

I misted through the Heroic Mask with Phill Martin's CS Old Gold Mister onto one side of my background. I turned the over and popped it on the other side of my background, so that the ink lying on the mask was now touching my background. I blotted off with Kitchen Roll.

Finally, I misted through small sections of the Every Which Way Mask with the Vintage Blue Ink Spray Mist. Once again, I blotted with Kitchen Roll.

I cut the Hummingbird Stained Glass Window die out of Black Card. I trimmed my background slightly smaller than my die cut piece. I used Quickie Glue to adhere the die cut to my background. I completed my card by matting onto Coconut White Card, then Black Card and then popping onto a Coconut White Card blank.

It's very easy to create lovely cards with these dies. They don't have to be complicated and work really well with printed background papers and any backgrounds that you create with your inks, etc. And, as you can see from the 3 in this post, they don't have to be large cards either.

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

If I haven't done so already, I will be popping photos of all of the samples for the shows into the Gallery Section of this blog and into an album on my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page here.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 19th May is .............................

Rolfi

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail,com with your address and I'll pop your card in the post.

See you later 😊

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (22nd May) - C
reative Expressions Stamps to Die For - Shaded Orange Blossom Leaves only £2.99!

33 comments:

  1. Morning Julia.
    Lovely cards Thank you.
    Congratulations Rolfi.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, all three cards are striking and beautiful. Love these dies. Well done Rolfi. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia lovely samples today, both you and Sue are displaying samples using the same die on your blog today, all deserve there day.

    Looking forward to your shows tonight

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three stunning cards Julia. I hope you will demo card number one . I will be recording your shows xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia lovely samples today, both you and Sue are displaying samples using the same die on your blog today, all deserve there day.

    Looking forward to your shows tonight

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful cards especially the first one-love the colours on that one.

    Congrats to the card winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia all of these samples are stunning. I am looking forward to your shows. I always learn so much. Have a great day today and a safe journey. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Julia.. Three WOW cards this morning, each one so different. Thank you for sharing your creations. Really looking forward to your shows..... Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia, three fantastic cards especially like the first one. Looking forward to your shows.

    Congratulations to Rolfi for winning the Friday freebie

    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three lovely cards, Julia, especially the first one.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful cards, I love all the different effects that you have used to create very different looks. Looking forward to seeing your shows today and tomorrow.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia
    A beautiful selection of cards. Looking forward to your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards Julia I've just said on Sue's blog that the stained glass collection was my ultimate favourite of her April release I love how they make spectacular cards using simple techniques

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, looking froward to seeing more.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia looking forward to seeing these lovely cards put together. I got the bonsai tree at Ally Pally but not used it yet. Inspiration required !!!! See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are beautiful Julia I think these dies will be favourites for sure look forward to the show tonight
    Thank you love June horrocks xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three gorgeous cards. I like how different techniques can produce such contrasting effects.

    Looking forward to your shows, I have no doubt that I will learn a lot.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these cards Julia. Unfortunately I already have the dies so won't be buying tonight, but will be watching. Thank you. Have a good show. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia

    They are a gorgeous selection of the stained glass window dies. Beautiful colours too

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful effects you get with these dies. Thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia.

    3 Beautiful Cards. I love these dies and I always love your wonderful backgrounds. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Rolfi.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards julia x really looking forward to your shows and thankyou for scheduling them for my day off tomorrow !
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely cards Julia. Will watch the shows when I get home- that's why I haven't commented for a week. Internet seems intermittent. May well be ordering from you!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous. Looking forward to tonight

    ReplyDelete
  25. Three beauties Julia.
    Well done to Rolfi.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow Julia these are all stunnin, my favourite has
    to be the first one as it just looks amazing.
    Those colours are so perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia Beautiful selection of cards they are all so different. I love the stained glass window dies I recently bought the butterfly die but as yet haven't used it. Looking forward to watching your shows

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely cards today Julia. Thank you. Have watched the show tonight. Brilliant. Tomorrow I will have to watch on Catch up as busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just love these stained glass dies and you certainly have done them justice, beautiful cards...luv Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia,

    Stunning cards and impressive techniques.Glad I found out about the show.Have watched it and learnt a lot.Thank you for the great tutorial.

    Carmen (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Three nice cards Julia, thank you for sharing
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  32. So beautiful! Thank you for the details.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!