Thursday 15 May 2014

One Day Wonder shows today

Hi Bloggers.

The Justrite One Day Wonder is today. The shows are on Creat & Craft at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and 7pm. There are still quite a lot of stamps that I haven't shared yet here on the blog so I hope that you are able to tune in to some of the shows. I also hope you've been able to have a look at the Justrite Blog. I've put a link in the Blogs I Follow section in the right hand side of this blog so you can go and have a look and search for any of the stamp sets on the show and see what the Justrite Stampers Team have come up with. 

For those of you that follow Julia Watts Crafts on Facebook, I've added photos of most of the samples. You can see them here.

Here's today's card -

I know this isn't the most uplifting of sentiments on this one but sometimes a necessary one and this card does feature 2 of the stamp sets on the show - Magnolia Vintage Labels 7 Clear Stamp Set and Ribbons, Tape & Lace Clear Stamp Set. You can see the Justrite Blog entry for both these stamp sets, including the SVG files, here.

For the background, I stamped one of the borders from the Justrite Ribbons, Tape & Lace across the top and bottom with Jet Black Archival. I made sure the ink was dry and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Small Dots Embossing Folder (I do like that folder!). I ran it through a second time to extend the design.

I stamped the sentiment (the 'with', 'love' and 'during this difficult time' are separate) from the Magnolia Vintage Labels 7 Clear Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using a Justrite Vintage Label 7 Die. I cut the next size up out of Black Card.

I cut the largest 2 dies from Sue's Granada Die Set (from the Spanish Collection) out of Coconut White Card. I cut the largest die only out of Black Card and glued the white die cut on top.

I stamped the magnolia using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out and added it to the bottom right of the Granada die cuts.

I tied a bow using 2 lengths of Black Silky Crush Ribbon and added a Black Vintage Button.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

See you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

37 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    One word for this card stunning going to check create and craft for the stamps thanks Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    The recorder is all set up, you have such a busy day today. Thank you have fun and take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, I think this card is really lovely. I like the way you have done the sentiment, and that lace border stamp is stunning. Have a good day, will try watch the shows. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and suitable for a few occasions and using other colours. Had a look at samples on Just rite team they are so inspiring. Looking forward to catching some shows today x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia this card is fabulous I love everything about it. Your gallery on Facebook is amazing. Your shows are going to be brilliant. I hope you have a safe journey. Enjoy the day. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Lovely card and the sentiment says what it needs to. Sometimes you don't need to say any more at a time of loss.
    You have got a long day today so I hope you enjoy all of the shows. I will be watching them all, I hope. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, beautiful card, love the stamps! Will try and catch as many shows as I can today! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card for those hard times when a card needs to be sent.Good luck for the shows today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An elegant card Julia. Enjoy your day though even though you will be so busy, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these samples so far, this is a perfect sympathy card. Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just had a quick look on FB and there are some gorgeous cards Julia. This another absolutely beautiful card too. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card , I love the flower!
    Hope you enjoy your shows-everyone else will,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card for a sad occassion. Really like the way you've made the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Julia love it you would keep it for ever thank you for sharing I was on the blog forgot you were on tele must go love always June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Julia, also love the sentiment.
    I am having to record all your shows today as I have 5 cards to make before 1.00pm today.
    Hugs to all
    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, absolutely stunning and the magnolia flower stamp is
    gorgeous even although it is for a sad occasion is a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Beautiful card. I´m typing this whilst watching you on the tele. Looks like we´re in for a treat today.
    Love Val in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia
    Just ran up stairs to send this and I am recording your show also, what I have seen up to now is beautiful, love the Owls
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, love the card and the new stamps. love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning Julia. Fabulous demos. Lovely new goodies!! Sample photos on FB are beautiful!! Have a good day. Love and hugs. Hilary xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful stylish card and just right for someone going through a tough time. Loved the card you did in the first show Julia, really looking forward to the rest of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful, elegant card for a difficult situation. Only 5 minutes to your next show, I'm really looking forward to it (and all the others that are on later). Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia, A striking card and the sentiment says it all for those difficult times. Watched the earlier shows and had to get the flowers multi buy and the pearls and sparkly pots. Thank you for your inspiration and fantastic samples.
    Safe journey home.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia,
    Stylish card, love the black and white. Great shows so far.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very stylish card and one of my favourite combos - monotone. But the black is not overpowering

    ReplyDelete
  26. A gorgeous card Julia, love it all. Lovin Sue's new embossing folders too.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic card,love the black and white,thank you for the inspiration .
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  28. Managed to catch some of the shoes today. Some beautiful stamps and you have been so creative with them. Have been enjoying the Justrite blog too. Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Julia, I just want to say you were so right to leave a message on your blog to the lady who didn't,t like the words Congrats on one of your samples. I have rally enjoyed all the shows today bought lots however, not enough pennies to buy that set of stamps as I had to split up parts so I could have the best for my money but I will get them next month.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia. The card perfectly fits the sentiment. Just watching your 7 pm show. Got all the others recorded for later. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Evening Julia
    Stunning card very elegant and classy.
    I have had a great time watching you today, thanks for sll the inspirstion.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fab card Julia. Your shows have been great today. I love what you've done with the One day wonder x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia
    Hooray - it was my email Leonie read out and Hooray! It was me that won one of your cards, trouble is I don't know which one. If I could be cheeky and choose - could it be the blue one please? If not, I really would be extremely happy to receive either. I only managed to catch your last show, you must have been exhausted but you seem to be enjoying yourself with Leonie. I will now go back and watch the recorded shows. Drive home safely. I'll be back to see the offering tomorrow.
    Take care
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Julia, loved your Demo's and your style... you are very talented.... have been trying to come up with a design for a special wedding card and one of your designs has really inspired me...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Julia, Fabulous shows today, great samples and all made by your own fair hands, brilliant demo's, I really could watch you demo all day.
    I love this card, it is gorgeous.
    Thank you for all your tips and techniques you give us.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Julia
    Another stunning creation Julia. look forward to seeing your shows.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that sentiment, sometimes it is difficult to find the right words for the moment. It matches the card perfectly. I've loved stumbling across your blog today ~x~

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!