Thursday 12 January 2012

Following on from Yesterday

Hi Bloggers,

As promised, today's card has been made with the die cut taken from the background on yesterday's card -


The background for this card was made by popping some Artist Spackle onto a spare piece of Craft Sheet. I then added a few drops of Vintage Photo Distress Re-Inker. You could use Vintage Photo Distress Stain instead though the result may be a little lighter or you could compensate by adding quite a lot of the stain to the spackle.

Once happy with my spackle colour, I placed the That Special Touch Metal Effect Mask onto some ivory card and I spread my spackle over the whole area. I scraped off any excess with a squeege tool. I removed the mask and set aside to dry.
I cleaned my tools and my mask with some warm soapy water. It's easy to clean the spackle off when it's wet but it's permanent when dry.

I cut a faux nestie out of rust card and popped my saved die cut on to it. I stamped Mr. Inventor and the large engine plate from the Vintage Inventor stamp set using Jet Black Archival Ink onto some marine blue card and cut them out.

Once the Artist Spackle background was dry I inked around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and Cut & Dry Foam.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brads in Antique Gold.

Simple but effective.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!