Friday 13 January 2012

Gold Cogs

Hi Bloggers,

I still have a few more sample cards from the Vintage Inventor shows - hope you don't mind.

Here's today's card -


This card is based on a card that Sam Poole made for Ally Pally last year. I made my card for the show to demonstrate a cool technique with the mask.

I dusted a piece of black card with my anti-static pad. I put Perfect Medium all over one side of my Cogs Mask. I placed my card, dusted side down onto the inked side of my mask and ran it through my Grand Calibur. The Perfect Medium transferred to my card. I added some Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold Metallic Embossing Powder and heated it.

I inked a piece of American Seam Binding by running my Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad along it. I then stamped over it using Jet Black Archival Ink.

I stamped Mr. Inventor from the Creative Expressions Vintage Inventor stamp set in Jet Black Archival. I cut him out using Spellbinders Curved Rectangles. I removed him from the die and inked around the edges lightly with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I made a faux nestie out of rust card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Vintage Treasures Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using an oval nestie. I removed it from the die and inked around the edges with Vintage Photo. I made a faux nestie from rust card.

I stamped the pressure gauge from the Vintage Illusion Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I gut the image out and inked with Vintage Photo. I added a Creative Expressions Faux Screw Brad in Antique Gold.

I assembled the card as shown and pierced around the edge of the large rust card with my Tim Holtz Ruler.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!