Thursday 18 August 2011

Black & White

Hi,

When one of the ladies who attends my monthly class suggested we start an ATC swap my heart sank. I am not a lover of ATCs and the idea of making 8 every month did not enthrall me. Our first theme was black and white.

I decided that I would approach them as ideas for bigger cards. I'm ok with that. So, here's my swap for this month. I've made all 8 the same so there's no arguments when they're given out!


I used the Vintage Inventor and the Plaid stamp sets from Creative Expressions. I stamped the man on to white shrink plastic. I love the detail on this image. I used Black Soot distress Ink to add shading and stamped the ribbon and the cogs with Jet Black Archival.

As I said, I wanted the ATC to be the idea for a bigger card. So, I expanded the design on to an A5 card.


For the card I stamped the man image on to white card and added the light bulb image which I stamped on to white shrink plastic. The 'flower' on the top left was made from the smaller tickets on the Creative Expressions Tickets stamp set. I used 10 tickets and one of their new screw brads in the centre.

The larger background is made by scrunching up a piece of white card, open it out and then brush a Black Soot distress ink pad over the peaks. Spritz with water. Wait a couple of minutes then press with an encaustic iron. Simple but really effective. Finally, I stamped the 'Inventor' sentiment, cut at an angle and attached with staples.

Hope you like the result.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

2 comments:

Only positive comments please!