Thursday 7 September 2017

Red and Green Glitterbitz Baubles

Hi Bloggers.

Had a great day at CE HQ yesterday - lots of cool techniques learned by all!

Here's today's card -

For the background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Nordic Tiles Embossing Folder. I matted onto Rich Red Card, Brunswick Green Card and another piece of Coconut White.

I popped a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I cut both of the outer dies from the Paper Cuts Season's Greetings Bauble Duo Die Set out of it.

I cut the turtle doves pair of dies from the bauble die set out of Rich Red Card. I removed the backing sheet from the plain bauble, trimmed a little from around the edges and added my decorative die cut. I added Cosmic Shimmer Hunter Green Glitterbitz to the exposed adhesive.

I cut the season's greetings pair of dies from the bauble die set out of Brunswick Green Card. I removed the backing sheet from the plain bauble, trimmed a little from around the edges and added my decorative die cut. I added Cosmic Shimmer Apple Red Glitterbitz to the exposed adhesive.

I added some Baker's Twine through the tops of the baubles and secured at the back of my background, adding my baubles to my background using CE Mounting Cushion. I added a Baker's Twine bow to each bauble.

I cut the holly corner from the Paper Cuts Turtle Doves Die Set out of Brunswick Green Card 4 times and added them to the corners of my background. I finished my card by adding some Apple Red CS Twinkles to the holly corners.

Lisa Horton is continuing with her One Day Special on Hochanda today with her first ever die release. Her shows are at 9am, 1pm and 5pm. I'm offering 10% discount on my website on items from the shows - you can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

I picked up my order of new colours of Distress Oxides yesterday - all pre-orders will be posted out today.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).


19 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, love all the embossing in the background too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, what a great card today, love the bling from the glitterbitz. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to trying out the new dies I received - thank you. Some more ideas here.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    A great card, I'm loving the sparkle from the Glitter Bitz.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia.. Beautiful card this morning . Loving the effects you can create with GlitterBitz.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia . Love the baubles. So very seasonal and the colours are so rich. Very inspirational. Thankyou Julia. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card I imagine it would look gorgeous in non traditional colours too like pink or blues

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, I do like these dies.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas card - I like the traditional colours too. Thank you Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia.

    Great card, very sparkly. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia this is a stunning Christmas card I love all the sparkle. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. I do like these baubles. May be this week's purchase

    Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card today Julia, very traditional

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card as always. Another great idea for Christmas cards.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are really great Julia...thank you..luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia lovely Christmas card I love the glitter kiss I will have to get some the dies are so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!