Saturday 20 August 2016

Friends Warm the Heart

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I started by stamping the Justrite Text Background onto Coconut White Card using Sepia Archival. I made sure the ink was dry and then rubbed over my Anti-Static Bag. I then stamped the Justrite Blooming Vines Background over the Text Background using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder.

I coloured in using Mica Powders. I added a little of the powders to a Palette and added a little water to make them into paints. I used Phill Martin Cosmic Shimmer Chic Aubergine, Graceful Pink, Chic Moss and New Gold Mica Powders.

I trimmed the background a little and matted it onto Rich Plum Card and then onto Black Card.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Circle of Friends Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Powder. I cut it out using the smallest circle die on the Justrite Stitched A2 Banners & Rectangles Die Set and cut a mat out of Black Card using the larger circle die.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm Black Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Lisa Horton is continuing with her One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (19th August) - Leonie Pujol Feathery Flourish Stamp Set only £2.99!


35 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    I love your card today - I loved it on TV. May just go across to your website and treat myself! Love it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, lovely card today.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background stamp. Colouring with mica powders really brings it to life.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card today. I love that stamp and the colours you have used, so pretty. Have a good weekend. Love Rosie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, love this card. Using those two background stamps together looks good as does the mica powders.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, this card is beautiful, your stamping and colouring are perfect. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, a beautiful card love script stamps they give a lovely background .
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia
    A gorgeous card, those background stamps are brilliant.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia and crafters all,
    Beautiful card today, so rich and expensive looking. The background floral stamp looks brilliant painted with these colours, and the matting and layering with the plum and white really makes it pop!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Love and crafty hugs,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. I love the cards you have made using these stamps. Mine arrived yesterday so hoping for a play later. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely paper, Julia - I thought it was patterned paper to start off with.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Julia, a really beautiful card this morning I do love that stamp and what youve done with it. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Live the colours To stamp oom the text is very wffective

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beauty Julia I loved it on hochanda very preety thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving your card Julia,
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Julia. Like the stamps. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. Love the background stamp and how you've painted it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful. Love the background stamp and how you've painted it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the two background stamps I really need them so on to my wish list they go.
    A fantastic card Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Julia, Lovely stamps and a beautiful card. Thank you!
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia

    This is such a beautiful card

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card. It is great to see how the same two stamps can make such different cards depending on choice of colour, stamping medium, colouring medium etc.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another beautiful card Julia - love it

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beautiful. I have bought this stamp from you, it arrived yesterday and I have been playing with gilding flakes today. Beautiful stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Julia i love how you have done this card with the text in the background and i must say again that i absolutely love that stamp.
    The colours are so beautiful too.
    I absolutely love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. I love the effect of the double stamped background/ Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card. I love justrite stamps, I have already purchased the text stamp from you, and I know I won't be able to resist this one - it's gorgeous.
    Regards
    Dorianne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card julia x the background stamping looks gorgeous x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia, This card is stunning, I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have the text stamp - I thing I will have to invest in the floral one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bautiful card Julia fabulous shows Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!