Thursday 25 August 2016

Thinking of You

Hi Bloggers.

I finally caught up with all my website order backlog yesterday - a good feeling, I can tell you. Thank you all for being so patient. Too hot to do much else other than the post and sit on my pc yesterday. Needless to say, I didn't tidy my Craft Room - I haven't even emptied my bags from the Studios. At least I didn't have to do any prep yesterday. I have a little gap from TV till 26th September but I'll still be busy.

I have a few dates for your diary -

I have a Christmas themed workshop at Yardley Gobion (just outside Milton Keynes) on Saturday 24th September (date change). We'll be doing a mix of stamping and die cutting. It's £40 for the day - you can book now via my website here.

I am also doing a Christmas themed workshop at CE HQ on Wednesday 21st September. Again, we will be doing a mix of die-cutting and stamping. They will be different projects to the workshop in Yardley Gobion. Bookings are not being taken for this just yet as I haven't designed the projects yet but you can register you interest with Tracey Laughton either by phoning her on 01536 481 778 or emailing her at tracey@creative-expressions.uk.com.

Looking a little further ahead, I am running a Backgrounds Masterclass at Yardley Gobion on Saturday 15th October (book here) and a Stamping Masterclass (by request) at CE HQ on Wednesday 12th October (booking now being taken by Tracey - see contact details above). I have also booked the hall at Yardley Gobion on Saturday 29th October for a Christmas Playdate - on this day, I will bring my Christmas Dies and Stamps and you can use them to your hearts content (but share nicely!) to really crack on with your Christmas Card Making. You can book here for that - just £15 for the day.

Of course, we have Ally Pally on 17th and 18th September - don't forget, if you're a Hochanda Freedom Member you can get the tickets half price! They're reasonably priced anyway so do consider going - it's a lovely venue and some great retail stands plus Hochanda will be broadcasting live from there again.

I'm also demoing at Phill Martin's new shop in Sheffield on Sunday October 9th - that should be fun!

Right, I'd better get on with sharing a card -

This card was inspired by the Justrite Stampers Blog - well worth a visit. I started by stamping the Justrite Text Background onto Coconut White Card using Coffee Archival. I made sure it was dry and then dragged a Frayed Burlap Distress Ink Pad across it to make it a bit distressed (surprisingly!). I then inked around the edges with Scarlet Woman Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

On a separate piece of card, I stamped 1a and 3a from the Justrite Multi-Step Poppies Clear Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival twice each. I then stamped 1b and 3b on top using Crimson Kiss Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I stamped 1c and 3c on top using Scarlet Woman Colour Cloud, again applied using a Smoothie. Finally, I stamped 1d and 3d on top using Onyx Black Colour Cloud, again applied using a Smoothie. (Acutally, it's not necessary to stamp 1d as it's hidden but it's good practise just in case you change your mind and use the image in a different way.) I cut the flowers out by hand using scissors and stacked the 3 images on top of the 1's.

I stamped the leaves directly onto my background - I stamped the stem (6) using Basil Leaf Colour Cloud, leaves 8a and 7a using Olive Archival, 8b and 7b on top using Chic Moss Colour Cloud and then 8c and 7c on top using Basil Leaf Colour Cloud. I added my flowers to the top of the stems.

The sentiment is from the Justrite Meadow Circles Clear Stamp Set. I stamped it using Jet Black Archival and cut it out using a die from the Justrite Four in a Square Die Set. I inked around the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and Scarlet Woman Colour Cloud. I cut a mat from Black Card using Sue Wilson's Melbourne Die Set.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Black Pearls and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat. I inked my Coconut White mats the same way as my background.

John Lockwood is launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with his Autumn range of stamps and birthday year. I am offering 10% discount on items I have on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer valid till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout. I am still waiting for the new stamps to become available for me to order on the CE website. As soon as I spot them, I will order them.

My latest post has gone live on the Spellbinders Blog here. It would be lovely if you have the time to leave a comment.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (25th August) -
Sue Wilson Frames & Tags : Zoe only £7.99!

29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, stunning card, love it. I know what you mean about being too hot to do anything, this is the 3rd morning I have been up since 3:am, I just want it to be a bit cooler, hoping that we get a thunder storm today to clear the air, I bet my electric bill has gone through the roof what with the use of so many fans.

    I have already bought my tickets and as a freedom member was pleased with the price, it is so reasonable compared to the really big venues up in Birmingham, you know the one I mean.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, beautiful card, I love the look of the multi step stamping - really brings the flowers to life. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card, and you really are a busy lady take it easy your craft room will get done eventually at least you have cleared your backlog of orders so that will feel good.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, wow so many workshops, will see if I can get to any of them. Unfortunately may have to miss Ally Pally again due to work. Love the card today, the text background is brilliant. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card thank you.
    well you are going to be busy have lots of fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love it. I'd love to go to Ally Pally but it's too far to go in one day and staying over in London would make it expensive. One day perhaps I'll think of a way to get there.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia and crafters all,
    Lovely card today . The background script stamp can be used for many occasions and the flowers really POP , anyone would be pleased to receive this card.
    Loved your shows on Hochanda.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. Glad to hear you have a slight lull now, time to prep for all those workshops etc.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card and it's good to see Distress inks used again. You sound as busy as ever but it's great to see loads of workshops coming and I can spot a couple I can do!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, a gorgeous card and love that distress look. Gosh you are very busy for the next few weeks, do take it easy and remember to breath too. Good luck....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Julia so unusual and very preety thank you for sharing
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Sorry to see you won't be on our screens for a month, but a bit of breathing space for you. I know you all enjoy Ally Pally. Unfortunately I can't make it this year. Fab card again today.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Julia, a really beautiful card today and I love the layered flower stamps and this one from Justrite is gorgeous. Enjoy your break. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like this card - the background stamp in particular. Have been across and left a comment on the Justrite blog - had to jump through some hoops to do, but I got there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    A really lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, This distressed card is gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, This distressed card is gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to be back (had a couple of weeks in Tuscany) looking at your blog. Lovely card that would look great on the wall.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. I love the stamps, stamping and colours, lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    It sounds like you are going to be very busy with workshops, I hope you enjoy them.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really beautiful card Julia, love the stamps and the colours. I'm a sucker for poppies in any shape or form but this is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it especially that background I'm thinking old book pages could also be used too

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card. I have wanted to go to Ally Pally for many years but failed to get there, unfortunately it's not a straight forward journey from here.
    Regards
    Dorianne

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love todays card julia x its beautiful x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A pretty card with an unusual and interesting background.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty card today Julia. Love the background as the poppie. Thanks for sharing. Was r my son's today so managed to catch up on your shows.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow you do have a busy schedule Julia. I'm going to ally pally so I hope to be able to speak to you then .
    A lovely card for today the stamps are wonderful will they be at Ally Pally? Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!