Monday 29 February 2016

One Day Special Continues today

Hi Bloggers.

My Spellbinders One Day Special continues today on Hochanda with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm.

I hope you're liking the new Art Deco dies from Spellbinders. I have a step by step for you today with some of the dies and one of the the lovely papers from the Craft Consortium English Garden 12 x 12 Paper Pad.


I've used - Spellbinders S5-250 Astoria Labels and S5-254 Astoria Decorative Elements


Also - Spellbinders S4-589 Savoy Decorative Elements and S4-588 Savoy Decorative Accents

I cut die #2 from the Astoria Decorative Elements (where #1 is the smallest) and #2 from the Savoy Decorative Elements out of Coconut White Card. I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Petite Lavish Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Watering Can Archival and cut it out using #1 from the Astoria Labels. I cut dies #2 and #4 from the Astoria Labels out of a paper from the Craft Consortium 12 x 12 Paper Pad. Finally, I cut #1 die from the Savoy Decorative Accents out of the patterned paper 5 times.

When I've cut out all I need, I always arrange them on my craft sheet to work out the size of card to cut for a background.


For the 5 little die cuts, I scored them all across the centre using my Hougie Board.



I popped some CS Glue on one side of each of them


and then glued them all together.



I have embossed the background using a new Spellbinders Embossing Folder called Circles and Diamonds (SES-006). Sorry, it's not available yet - it's due in March. Watch this space!

I assembled the card as shown. I used some more patterned paper as one of my mats but I did cut the centre out of it to use in another project! I added White 8mm Pearls to the corners and pierced around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.



Hope you've liked this step by step. Hopefully, I will be demoing this in one of the shows today.

There's 10% discount on items I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight.

I have added pictures of the samples to the Gallery on this blog (access via the top menu) and on my Julia Watts Crafts facebook page.

The winner of the card from Freebie Friday on 26th February is.................

Anne Mather

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (29th February) - Dragonfly Mini Striplet Stamps to Die For only £2.99!

36 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card and a great step by step looking forward to watch your shows today have set record just in case.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card. Recorder all set up for today.
    take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia. Thank you for such detailed instructions today - a beautiful creation. Great show last night with some overly products. Looking forward to today.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, what lovely dies these are and such a pretty card, I like it and am looking forward to your shows.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia,
    Thank you for another lovely card, the papers look great.
    Enjoyed your show last night and the programmes today are set to be recorded.
    Crafty hugs from a cold and frosty Hull.
    Love
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card ,watching the show now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, what a beautiful card and great step by step, love the paper. Still have to catch up with the recorded show from last night. Hope it goes well today. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, very pretty. The embossing folder looks interesting, think that needs to go on my crafty shopping list!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. Thank you for the step-by-step instructions. I hope the shows go well today. I will be watching. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia, another gorgeous card today. I love the step by step instructions on how you created this card, TFS. Love Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, This card is gorgeous !! I love these beautiful papers, and the dies you have shown are really lovely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and great show last night Julia!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, loved the first show last night will be tuning in today as well x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card . The die sets are gorgeous. Looking forward to your shows today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia, This card is gorgeous !! I love these beautiful papers, and the dies you have shown are really lovely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card, Julia. I did see it on the show last night.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia
    Great card. I love the embossing folder.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, just waiting for your new show to start.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card Julia your show last night was brill watching you now the dies look lovely have a good day xxxxx
    June Horrocks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia,
    Love the card and papers, thanks for the demo. Enjoyed your show yesterday, some lovely cards, will be watching/recording today.
    Love Janet
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful card Julia, loving the new dies and the shows

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Julia and very concise instructions too - thank you. Have most of the shows recording :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia,
    the card is fantastic - so are the new Spellbinder Art Deco dies. Can´t wait to see all your shows.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card such gorgeous papers too.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like some of the dies in the deal on the TV and the samples, as the one above, are lovely. Might have to get on line and order individually.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Truly Stunning Thank You For Th Run Down On How You Achieved Your Extremely Beautiful Card I Love The New Up And Coming Embossing Folder I'm Taping Shows As Well As Watching...
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
    Congratulations To Anne Mathers For Winning The Weekly Gift Card...

    ReplyDelete
  27. You seem to be having fun with these dies on the shows. Like the little 3D embellishment idea. Oh dear you are sold out of the Consortium Paper Pad and Sue's Paper pad - I will just have to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another beautiful card Julia. Thanks for sharing your techniques and the new spellbinder dies.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies, I love the paper, I had internet problems and I think I got the last on, phew. Fortunately I did see this demo, the bauble is so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    I thought your tip about using your dies to plan your layout was fantastic and will be very useful, thank you.

    Congratulations Anne Mather.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooooo I do love this card, unfortunately do not have the dies, will have to look into that.....wow love the idea of gluing that accent together and making something completely new to me...it looks lovely on the card, thanks Julia....will keep a watch out for you on Hochanda this evening....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card,
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia,

    Gorgeous card and that paper pad is to die for!!!

    Much love,

    Shirley T.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia. Another beautiful card today. Recorded your shows but not had time to watch them yet. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  34. Love the monochrome effect

    Iddybiddy

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!