Saturday 20 February 2016

Brewing up a Birthday Wish

Hi Bloggers.

I wasn't sure whether to share this card as I wasn't completely happy with it when I finished it but, I'm knee deep in prep for the Trade Show which starts tomorrow so here it is!

By the way, from some of your comments yesterday, I think you expect me to be shopping at the Trade Show. I'm not, I'm working on the Creative Expressions Stand all 3 days. There's not usually any time to go shopping, not usually even time for a lunch break! We usually make do with a big breakfast and a good evening meal. Don't worry, there are enough new goodies on the Creative Expressions Stand for me to buy! I've already shopped ahead with Woodware and I had some lovely new stamps delivered yesterday which you can find on my website here. If you were following Leonie's Blog on her countdown to her move to Hochanda, you will have seen her using some of these stamps.

I also got some more of the lovely Sakura Koi Watercolour Pens and Water Brushes that Sarah Hurley demonstrated on Hochanda this week. You can find them here on my website. Those of you who were at me demo day in January will have seen me using the pens. They really are such a beautiful soft brush nib. Sarah was really inspiring with some great techniques with these fabulous pens. Be sure to watch out for some more shows with Sarah.

Back to today's card - for the background, I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine with the Spellbinders Elegance M-Bossabilities Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design. I inked around the edges with CS Phill Martin Frosty Mink Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I cut the smallest 2 dies in the Spellbinders Grand Stately Circles Die Set out of Milk Card. I left the card in the dies. I inked through the dies with Frosty Mink Colour Cloud. Using a couple of stamps from the Creative Expressions Coffee Time Stamp Set, I stamped around the edges of the dies using Coffee Archival and then removed the die cuts from the dies.

I stamped the sentiment and the circular stamp from the same stamp set onto Milk Card using Coffee Archival. I cut it ous using a die from the Spellbinders Gold Facets Die Set. I rubbed Frosty Mink Gilding Wax over the debossed design.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Cream Pearl Corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (20th February) - Betty Boots Baker Betty Stamp Set only £9.99!

29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card. Enjoy the trade show.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, loving today's card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a great card, I love coffee strong and black no Sugar, lol. Have fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, I am guilty of thinking that you could have got some shopping in at the Trade Show, well at least before they opened the doors but I expect you are up to your eyes in it. I know it is very, very hard work at shows so will say no more.

    I am loving today's card, a beautiful coffee colour, just as I like it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia,
    Shows are very hard work. I've done a few in my time. The card is great - don't be so hard on yourself - I like a good coffee!
    Have a great time and lots of laughs!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    have a great day and agree totally over the pens, they are lovely!
    I do have the set of 24 but wondered if the other colours, in the larger pack were available as another seperate set of 24.
    I saw the greys on Hochanda but like the look of the other colours also in the large pack, it looks a fantastic set overall. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, really useful for many occasions.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for a coffee lover, Julia. Hope you manage to have time to enjoy the show too.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, a lovely card today. Your card can be used for so many different occasions. Enjoy the show and hope you do manage to get some 'me' time....L Rosie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,I am loving today's card .Enjoy the trade show . Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous it would be a great card for me as I drink so much coffee. I hope you enjoy the trade show. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    You are too hard on yourself, it's a great card. Enjoy the trade show.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia. Your card looks good to me, but then I make cards and think they are Ok and then looking a day later I don't like them. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia, I think this card is different, but none the less lovely. Have a great time at the show. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia
    Nothing wrong with this card, it is beautiful!.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Your Card Is Stunning, Enjoy The Trade Show.
    Hugs From Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not sure why you were not happy with it. I like it a lot and love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia,
    great card for a coffee addict like me...
    love the brown tones as well.
    Rolf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. Lovely dies and colour. The stamp is a little more unusual thought a great sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

    I didn't think the Trade Show would be quite so busy for you, I hope it's not to stressful. Good News that we will be getting new products anyway, lol

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful beautiful card Julia, just love that embossing folder you used...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card Julia!
    Have fun,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card & love the Frosty Mink colour Cloud which looks so rich.
    Stunning card as always & suitable for many occasions.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julia Hi ,this is a nice card. I like it.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia

    Isn't it funny how we look at a card and are not happy but others see it completely differently? I really like it, love how you stamped the beans around the mat and the pearls in the corner are a lovely detail. The only thing I might have have done is use a little ink and water to colour in the beans. A great set for men's and ladies, young and old cards too.

    Is it CHA UK this week? I guess the whole CE team are in for a busy time but I hope you enjoy it all the same.

    Hhugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card, like the way you have used the brown and cream.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!