Wednesday 30 January 2013

Thank You

Hi Bloggers.

I'm going to mix it up a bit as I still have some samples to share from the shows on 11th Jan. So, I'll alternate it a bit with the samples from 21st Jan and then at the weekend I'll start sharing samples from my next shows on 4th Feb. I'm having to keep un-blogged cards in a separate box so I can keep track!

Anyway, here's today's card - simple but quite dramatic, I think.

For the background, I randomly stamped one of the flowers from the Creative Expressions Artsy Floral Stamp Set on to some burgundy card using Jet Black Archival. I made sure the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Alora Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the pattern (doesn't match up exactly but you don't notice).

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Ruby Blush Blaze Embossing Powder from the Brights Set.  I cut it out using the second largest Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles but did not bother to emboss it as the edge would be hidden. I inked around the edges and towards the centre with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I cut a frame out of black card using the largest and the next but one of the Resplendent Rectangles die set.

I tied a bow using Black Crochet Ribbon. I made a flower using Red Sheer Wrinkled Edge Ribbon (see Sue's tutorial here) and added it to my bow.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Berry Red around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.


28 comments:

  1. Julia,
    How funny that you and Sue both posted a black and red card today.m I love this card. Thanks for sharing it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card Julia -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, You and Sue are on the same wavelength today, posting red and black cards. A very sexy-looking card today, lovely.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie again My keypad got stuck and wouldn't let me finish typing! So to finish... I love the card and the flower is super! I have read the tutorial but not tried it yet. Have a happy day Craft hugs Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, another beautiful card, am thinking I may adapt the design for hubby's valentines card. I love red and black, as you say quite dramatic, very effective.Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,
    Is there something in the water both you and Sue doing black red and sexy...lol
    Really liking this striking card.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love red and black. Very passionate and reminds me of valentines day with a latino twist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very striking Julia. Really effective colours.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Hi Julia,

    Ohh! La-La. lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it when you use all the dies/folders that I already have, Julia, and today is one of those days! Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Just like my comments on Sue's blog too heavy for my taste.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great coincidence ! I love both cards, looking forward to the shows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very striking Julia, lovely for valentines day

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, It's great thay you and Sue are on the same wavelength today lol. A dramatic and sexy card, love it. The flower is scrummy.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card great for valentines day xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, another cracking black and red card today
    love them great for valentine's day. Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Julia
    I love the design of this card but for me it would need to be in light colours I am not a dark girl! Sorry as they say 'you cannot please all of the people all of the time'. Just had a call from a friend asking for a card so will give this card in lilac (colour she has asked for) a try as I have the dies.
    Thank you
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia, Very dramatic, I love the black and red...
    Lovely card...

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning Julia, this is a lush card,the red is super ,and rich, thanks for the inspiration
    Smiles
    Ita
    P.S. looking forward to your up comming show.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi Julia, Just come from Sue's blog and red and black it is today!! The combination of the crochet lace and the flower look really nice together to set off the card. Regards Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia what a simple but dramatic card that could quite easily be made as a valentines or anniversary card and pretty quick to do as we'll love it!! Looking forward to Mondays shows hope there's some nice new goodies love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  22. bit dark for me but the stye of this card is lovely and maybe with lighter colours it would be great.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi JULIA A very stunning card

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, striking card. Lol Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  25. Evening Julia, another stunning card just right for Valentine Day.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia,
    Striking card. Red and black is always a great combination.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Joan B.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!