Today I'm sharing another card made with the new Antique Dressforms Stamp Set from Creative Expressions.
As soon as I saw this stamp set I thought it would be really cool to add some wings to the images.
I stamped one of the dress forms twice in plum archival ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. One of the images I cut out using Spellbinders Labels Twenty and I inked with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink
while still in the die. I cut out the body of the other image.
I ironed together two pieces of Cosmic Shimmer Heat Bondable Film in Aqua Sparkle with some pink Cosmic Shimmer Heat Bondable Fibres from the Summer Bluch Set in between them. I then cut out one of the butterflies from the Spellbinders Wonderful Wings Die Set. I passed it through the machine twice. You have to tease the bits out of the die cut a bit as the fibres are a bit tough. You get lovely shimmery wings though so it's worth the effort. I glued the wings to the dress form on the Labels Twenty die cut and then glued the cut out dress form right over the top.
I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set again using the plum archival ink and embossed with the clear powder. I cut it out using a Spellbinders double-ended tag die and inked with Aged Mahogany while still in the die. I added a couple of brads at each end.
For the background I inked up That Special Touch Trellis Mask with Perfect Medium. I placed some burgundy card on top and ran it through the Grand Calibur. The ink transferred to the debossed side. I brushed some Cosmic Shimmer Red Bronze Mica Powder from the Metallics Mica Spray Set all over. It clung to where the perfect medium was.
I inked up Some American Seam Binding with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink (you should have seen my fingers!). I scrunched it up and left it over night to dry.
I ran some white card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Floral Embossing Folder. I inked up 4 of the flowers on both sides with Aged Mahogany and cut them out. I added a little more ink to hide the white edges. I made a 3D flower and added it to the tatty bow that I tied with my dry dyed American Seam Binding.
I assembled the card as shown and added some faux stitching around the edges.
Hope you like the card.
Thanks for stopping by.