Tuesday 31 May 2016

Pixie Mister

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

Another easy peasy technique with CS Pixie Powders. I added some water to an empty Mister Bottle and then added a couple of puffs of Plum Twist Pixie Powder. I gave it a little shake to mix and then spritzed over the Paved Mask which was sitting on a piece of Coconut White Card. I used the Phill Martin method in a big box - it really does work! I did get a few splodges on this one but I actually like them. I put it aside to dry. I also misted another piece of Coconut White Card (no mask this time). As usual, the mica doesn't show up on the photos - it really sparkles in real life!

I made a frame using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and Double Pierced Squares Set B. I added it to my mask background using 3d Foam Tape. I trimmed away the excess using scissors.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Applique Flowers Stamp Set onto my spritzed piece of card using Jet Black Archival and cut it out using the smaller die in the Justrite Vintage Sentiment Tags Dies. I stamped the frame from the same stamp set, again using Jet Black Archival and cut it out using the other die in the Vintage Sentiment Tags Dies.

I stamped the flower from the same stamp set onto my spritzed card twice using Jet Black Archival and cut them out using scissors. I glued them on top of each other, offsetting them and added a Craft Consortium Vintage Pearl Charm. I cut a couple of leaves out of Coconut White Card using Sue Wilson's Orange Blossom Leaves.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Small Circle Dazzlers to 3 of the corners of the frame.

John Lockwood continuing with his One Day Special on Hochanda today with his Summers Child Collection. He has shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on products that I have in stock on my website from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight. Hopefully, I will be able to order John's new stamps today, I will let you know. To make up for the fact that I don't have his new stamps yet, I'm offering 10% discount on all of John's existing Clear and Foam Mounted Stamps till midnight tonight. All discounts are applied automatically at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (31st May) - Creative Expressions pack of Heart Sparklers only 99p!

 

31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia beautiful card today xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia, a very pretty card today love the colour.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia.
    A pretty card Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    Another pretty card, lovely lines and pleasing on the eye.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia
    Love it ! Love the flower especially. Great day at Indigoblu yesterday. The guys from beCreative were there too and lots hsappening in the future. Must find a big enough box to spritz into.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, another very creative and lovely card. The mask is such a great pattern. have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, such an amazing card today, love it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia. Love the effect of the pixie powders using this mask. You gave me a real chuckle when I caught up with your last show yesterday - you must have had fun doing the shaving foam technique with Charlie and the result was stunning!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love the design those Pixie Powders are just amazing. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia, that spritzing looks fabulous I really will have to give it a go, the card is gorgeous and I am enjoying Johns new stamp collection shows. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia
    I love this card, so simple yet gorgeous.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Julia the colour is lovely thank you
    Love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card Julia, love the pixie powders

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the colours and will have to give the pixie powders a try.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. I love how the pixie powders are measured in 'puffs', you have created a new measurement. Great card. SueL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really like this mask and it is definitely usable for all. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely use of a mask, Julia. Love the effect and it looks reasonably easy for me to do !!!
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card and color julia )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia.

    Great Card, lovely colour. Like you, I like a couple of splodges, it makes it unique. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card again julia x loving all your tips with the pixie powders x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, love the card and the colour is
    lovely and the flower, very nice
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Julia,
    A really lovely card! The Pixie Powders work their magic again! Love the colour and the flower is so pretty. Thank you
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a really pretty card, i really love the background
    including the splodges lol
    Ans the flower is so pretty and different.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, A really lovely card !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, A really lovely card !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello, I was thinking that I don't need Pixie Powders BUT everything I've seen you do is stunning and they're now on my Need List!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Evening Julia. A very pretty card today, love the soft colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card. Must try something like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!