Wednesday 8 May 2013

Best Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I stamped the Curly Corner using Jet Black Archival in each corner of a square piece of Burgundy Card. The stamp is not symmetrical so, although the card is square, the design does not meet top and bottom and slightly overlaps on the sides.

I stamped the Vintage Corset using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Scarlet Flame and Marigold from the Cosmic Shimmer Autumn Shades Matt Drawing Ink Set. I cut it out using scissors and went around the edges with a Black Promarker to hide any white bits. I popped some 12mm Hi-Tack Tape on the back of the corset around the bottom edge. I cut a piece of Black Silky Crush Ribbon in half lengthways and ruffled it at the base of the corset as shown. I cut the largest of the Spellbinders Beaded Squares out of Coconut White card and inked through the die with Fired Brick Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the sentiment that comes with the Wrought Iron Corner using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio Three and inked through the die with Fired Brick. I cut both side off the die cut.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Berry Red  around the edges.

Please scroll down to see the previous post if you're interested in stock updates for my Amazon Store.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.





29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia
    I see a theme emerging here, beaded square and a super corner. Love the dramatic mixed with the saucy and romantic I love it.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia love the stamp set must get it the colours are great to thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia,
    I love this card, it just makes me smile. I clicked on the postcard stamp and it was I available, I will try later. Thanks for another wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the corset stamp, bot usually my thing. The corner stamps works really well to complete the look xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. Great card, love the deep red with black. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, Very Ooh La La, and decadent, love the corset and especially the frill at the bottom. The corner stamping completes this gorgeous card, beautifully.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Dramatic with the dark colours..I like it! Mabex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Julia love the colours and the corset stamp xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, this card is fabulous, love the dramatic colours. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    A fun card, dramatic colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia

    Ooh la la, love the image and the frill you have added

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia. Oh boy you've used my favourite colour of the moment - burgundy. It's such a rich colour and all the scarlets and reds you've used go so well with it.

    I'm off to UK on Friday to visit my son for the weekend and it coincides with HSNW show (good planning on my part). Anyone else going?

    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOH la la Julia, love this card, it is really striking.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card julie I have this stamp have done some beautiful card from it .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really striking card Julia, love red and black together

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, a nice card a bit on the dark side for
    me so maybe try it in a different colour as I like the
    card comp.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete

  17. Hi Julia,

    Lovely card. Stamps go so well together

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    Oooooo a very sassy card this morning....love it!..Also love the corset stamp and the way you have add the frill round the edge. The corners are beautiful too.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning everyone.
    Love the colours and the corner stamp but Im not a fan of the corset Im afraid . Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia love the colour and the corset stamp love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia, Love this card, the colours are just what I like. Love the stamps too. (wish list getting longer and longer haha).
    Have a great day.

    Happy crafting
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia, OOh la la what a dramatic card, love the rich colour and the corset with frill. The corner stamp is gorgeous.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. not a favourite of mine,a little dark.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the corner stamp, and card is very dramatic as are the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely love the rich bold colours. Great card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very dark and sultry. I like it a lot. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, love the drama in this card - I have this stamp and love it! Carole Z

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia
    Love this card...Naughty but nice!!
    Great colour combo, the corner and corset stamps are lovely!
    Thanks for sharing
    Lara xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Julia today's card is very naughty but very nice! I love it. It is unusual to see one of your cards with no 'full' background stamping! I do like the border done as a frame. Thanks for the update on your shop, It is great to know when certain things you've been waiting for has come in, if that makes sense! Crafty hugs Debbie R xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!