Monday 1 October 2012

Shoes like you've never seen before

Hi Bloggers.

My stamping shows on Thursday feature the Fashionista Stamp Sets, the Beaded Elements Stamp Set and the Sole Creations Stamp Set (waiting for more stock of this one to come in).

This card features one of the gorgeous images from the Sole Creations Stamp Set.

I went a bit over the top with the background! I spritzed through the Floral Lace Mask with Cosmic Shimmer Antique Rose Vintage Mister. I dried it with my heat tool and then stamped one of the swirls from the Beaded Elements stamp sets using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I made sure the ink was dry and then popped the background through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Chiaro Embossing Folder. I inked around the edges with Victorian Velvet using Cut n Dry Foam.

I stamped the image using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks. I cut it out using Spellbinders Fleur de Lys Squares and inked through the die with Victorian Velvet.

I made a flower using Spellbinders Blossom Five and inked the edges with Victorian Velvet. I cut 2 'leaves' using the Venetian Motifs die set and again inked through the die with Victorian Velvet.

I assembled the card as shown adding a Pink Glass Glintz to each corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Vintage Pink around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

26 comments:

  1. Hi Julia. Soooooooo lovely, a truly feminine card. Look forward to your shows on Thursday.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, gorgeous card, love this stamp! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julia, too much temptation again. Really love this stamp, and the card is beautiful. I don't think it is OTT. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia,
    This card is magic and full of girlieness (I know that isn't even an American term but it fits you card), what a perfect card for a rainy day.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Julia,
    Love this stamp, your background again, lovely. A really pretty card. So many new things coming out at the moment, it is hard to resist, lol.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Michelle (happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pink. girlie and me! Looking forward to your shows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, WOW, I love this card, the background is stunning and the flower is gorgeous. I love the new stamps, and the shoe is so very pretty, simply stunning. Love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Julia will be looking forward to your shows on Thursday. Really like the sole stamp not seen these before so will be eager to see the whole set on Thursday xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. This cared is lovely Julia very feminine and dainty.

    Happy Crafting
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Oh! so many new things to temp me and so little money to spend (thats the problem of being an oap)
    Lovely card today very girly would suit my granddaughters so well.
    Looking forward to seeing the other new stamps in your show on Thursday.
    Have a great day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background and the stamp is so cute. very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia, Such a pretty girlie card. love the background and flower. The stamp is gorgeous. Looking forward to your shows on Thursday.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, very girly and right up my street.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really girly card love it but so much temptation on craft stuff the bank is now closed til after xmas lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia
    Lovely card, the backgrounds great, i lovely seeing a blank piece of card turned into a stunning backing paper/card. Lovely stamp. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia, a stunning card love the colours and the stamp looks
    great looking forward to Thurs.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very pretty card Julia, I especially like the flower. Treated myself to the Grand Caliber last week, can't wait to play with it later today and try extending the size of the embossed card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi julia this is a lovely girly card and I don't think you've gone over the top with the background. I'm so glad you pointed these out to me at ally pally I was so focused on getting the fashionista stamps that I completely missed these!!! Anyway I will be crafting along with you on thursday look forward to it!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning Julia, just stunning and the background looks great to me. Have a lovely Monday, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card - so very feminine

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hiya Julia,
    I am loving this card as with many of your others.
    I have been following your blog for some time, could never work out how.
    Thanks to Hels Sheridan, I can now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty Julia,love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  23. A pretty girly card ,Like the stamps.Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty love the flower .hugs melody

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is another lovely card...I love the shoe stamps and the color choices...I have recently got the antique pink pva glue, it's just gorgeous...it saves a fortune on buying pearls and so easy to do.

    Take care. Deborah.H. :)

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!