Wednesday 12 September 2012

Thank You

Hi Bloggers.

Another Thank You card! This was one of the demos from Sunday. It features the Spellbinders Floral Burst Cut, Fold & Tuck die set which I think is one of the prettiest die sets of that type.


For the background, I popped a piece of Coconut White Card through the Grand Calibur with the Floral Lace Mask using the standard embossing sandwich. I inked around the edges with Faded Jeans Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam.

I cut the largest of the Floral Burst dies out of Foundations Floral Dream Paper and inked through the die with Faded Jeans. I folded and tucked all the way round. I stamped my sentiment from the Creative Expressions Kind Thoughts Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I cut it out using one of the dies in the Moroccan Motifs die set and inked through the die with Faded Jeans. Once I had removed it from the die I inked around the edges. I cut another motif out using the same die and inked around the edges once I had removed it from the die. I layered the sentiment die cut on top of the plain one turning it slightly to offset the pattern.


I made 3 flowers - 1 from felt using the border from the Moroccan Accents die set, 1 from American Seam Binding in Sky Blue and 1 from Blue Sheer Dots Ribbon which I cut in half length-ways. I made them all using the technique described in Sue's Ribbon Flower Tutorial. I cut all the leaves out using the Little Leaf Sets. I inked through the dies with Faded Jeans. I just used the largest leaf from each set for this project.


I cut 2 corners out of the Floral Dream Foundations Paper and inked through the dies with Faded Jeans.

I assembled the card as shown adding some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia

24 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, there is a lot I like on this card, the colours, design and of course the flowers. Using different textures for the flowers is amazing, never thought of mixing felt and two different ribbons, just lovely.

    Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning,

    This is a lovely clean and crisp card,i like the whole concept. Got these dies and just looked at them - will have to get them through the GC
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Julia, especially the 3 different flowers. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, saw you demo this one and instantly thought what a great idea with the cut, fold and tuck die. Your background as always is fab, beautiful colours and those flowers are gorgeous. Had a go at making a felt flower, not as good as yours but wasn't too bad, think I can use it at some stage. Have a lovely Wednesday, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour combo. Must try the felt flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia lovely card love the colours and the cut fold tuck dies, i need to win the lottery so i can afford everything spellbinders lol. They have such good designs i need them all xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, A truly beautiful card, the colours are soft and gorgeous, I watched you demo this card on tv and thought how gorgeous it was. I love the starburst cut, fold, tuck dies too, I have used them quite a lot. I love the flowers, I haven't tried your technique for those, yet, with the sticky tape, I have visions of getting it stuck everywhere ha ha !!, but will have to give it a go. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Julia, these Cut Fold and Tuck dies are going to be a must have I think

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Julia, great colours and the flowers are really pretty.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia,
    Loved the subtle colours on this one when I saw it on C&C its so pretty and the tuck & fold dies are on my wish list which gets longer by the day.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, Just love this card the colours and flowers are great saw you do this one on air, I have one of the tuck & fold
    dies can't remember if its this one or not but I'm sure any one
    will look great.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia,
    This is really a wonderful card, I love the cut fold and tuck dies... Fantastic... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, stunning card, and great to see the tuck and fold dies in action, i have one set. Love the layout and colours and 3 textures of flowers.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi julia I loved this card when you done it as a demo I think I'm going to have to get at least one of the cut tuck and fold dies as they really seem useful!! Love lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia. This is such a pretty card, love the colours and layout. The three flowers are stunning. Have these dies, will be using them, thanks for your inspiration.
    June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful. And the colour is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this Julia - another one of my faves. I am really into blues at the moment and this is gorgeous. Love the way you have made the flowers - brilliant.

    Hugs to you Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia i was watching you on t.c. last night making thei fab card,I had recorded the show .I just love the colours you used
    Ita

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card Julia ,love your embossed background,and the cut, tuck and fold dies .they are fantastic.Beautiful card overall .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, love this card, blue is my favourite.....will have to try something similar.

    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Julia - saw you demo and love how you ahve used a border for the felt flower - really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi julia,loved this card when i saw it on sunday,just thinking it would look great i n allsorts of colours
    best wishes
    norma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Julia

    I love pale blue and white together it always looks so pretty

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!