Wednesday 29 November 2017

One Day Special starts today at 6pm

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a new One Day Special on Hochanda at 6pm today with some lovely dies from the November release of Dies by Sue Wilson. There's another show today at 8pm and then more shows tomorrow at 9am, 1pm and 5pm. I hope you can join me.

Here's today's card -

For the background on this one, I have used my favourite background technique with Pixies Powders on Acetate. I have been asked to demo this on one of my shows so hopefully I will get time to show it again at some point (probably tomorrow at 9am).

So, to re-cap how it's done - I used a piece of Heat Emboss Acetate. I added CS Glue, spritzed with water and spread the glue all over using my finger. I then added Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders in Straw Yellow, Burnt Orange, Bronze Blush, Lava Red and Pale Olive so that all the glue was covered. I spritzed with a little more water and then added CS Frosty Dawn Diamond Frost. I scrunched up a piece of White Tissue Paper, opened it out and added it to my background. I dabbed it down using a piece of Kitchen Roll and put aside to dry.

I wanted to use the Linear Leaf Background over the top of my Acetate but I also wanted to add a frame made using the Stitched Square Peg Board Die Set so I needed to extend the Linear Leaf. It is a little bit tricky but it is possible. I cut it once and then slotted the left hand leaf column of the die into the right hand left column of the die cut. I've already cut this in the pic below and extended it lengthways but I wanted to show what I mean.

As you can see from the pic, I have already extended the background's length - it's just a little short for the largest frame you can cut from the Peg Board Die Set. This is a little trickier - the dies are hand drawn so do not line up perfectly. Below seems to be the best fit for the length I needed - leave the edge of the die where it's overlapping where you have already cut so that you son't get a line from the edge of the die.

I slotted the die back in once more to complete the piece.

Once my Acetate Pixie Powder background was dry, I added my Linear Leaf Background and my Frame. I matted onto a couple of pieces of Coconut White Card.

I cut the words for my sentiment out of Black Card using the Mix & Match Friendship Die Set. I glued them to my frame using CS Glue in a Fine Tip Glue Applicator.


I cut some sunflowers and leaves from the Sunflower Bouquet Die Set out of Coconut White Card. I painted the flowers with Straw Yellow Pixie Powder and the leaves using Pale Olive Pixie Powder. I shaped the flowers a little using a Woodware Shaping Tool on a Moulding Mat. I popped a little CE Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto Coconut White Card and cut 3 sunflower centres. I removed the backing and added Dark Bronze Polished Silk Glitter.

I'm offering 10% discount on items from the shows on my website. You can find them here. Please enter JULIAWATTS in the discount code box at checkout to activate the discount. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night or while stocks last.

I have loaded photos of the samples from the shows to the Gallery Section of this Blog and to my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, lovely card today, will be watching the launch

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julia, a beautiful card with that awesome background, I must try this technique again, have not done it for quite a while. Will be recording the shows, as they are always packed with great tips. Travel safely and enjoy yourself on the shows. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia, a beautiful card and I think you have certainly caputured the colours of autumn in your background.
    I will be watching the launch and recording all of the shows.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card Julia, thank you for sharing.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia

    Striking background beautiful card.Will be watching tonight
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Julia. Will be watching this evening.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A lovely card.
    Some amazing samples for your shows, I'll set up the recorder so I can watch at my own pace.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,
    Beautiful stand out card. Love the elements and background. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous This was my ultimate favourite of Sue’s latest release

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, looking froward to seeing more.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Julia. This Is brilliant Julia. The colours ....the design....everything. Isn't it funny how you see a die and think hmmmm I don't know about this..... then when you see it used to make a card or project you see it very differently. And you have used the pixie powders again love those colours. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card Julia, looking forward to tonight'
    shows

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love the design the dies are amazing. I am looking forward to your shows. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia what a lovely card the sunflowers are bril see you at 6pm love
    June Horrocks xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Julia. WOW card this morning . I love how you have created the back ground with the colours and extended the length . Looking forward to your shows and hope you have lots of fun.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, Julia. Will be recording the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Julia lovely card I really must try this background technique this week it looks gorgeous Looking forward to your shows

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Julia. Thank you for sharing it. Will miss today's shows but will try and watch on Catchup.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card Julia, love the gorgeous background

    June

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card with a beautiful background.Looking forward to your shows.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your shows are always fun to watch. Looking forward to today's and tomorrow I will be at my craft day but will catch any I miss on rewind. I am so glad we can watch in the US.
    This card is awesome. I don't think I would have the patience to line up the leaf die the way you did...mine would be all wonky. I can do the Pixie Powder background and I love them nearly as much as you do (although they love you better).
    Have fun on the show. You will be great!
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really looking forward to your shows. I love how you show us different way to use dies. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card. Recorder all set for your shows.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, gorgeous card, love your background technique, I use it too and it comes out beautiful every time, thank you Julia...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia, I love how you have created this background, I haven't tried it yet, but it is so effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!