Wednesday 1 November 2017

Ecliptic Edger Background

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card which is a demo that I did on the recent Hochanda shows -

Back to my favourite technique at the moment - I used a piece of Watercolour Card cut into 2 x A5 pieces. I added 10 drops of Citrus Lime, Deep Plum and Rose Pink CS Intense Pigment Stains to 3 Mister Bottles filled with water.  I misted all 3 colours onto 1 piece of the Watercolour Card. I misted a little plain water on top and then placed the other piece of Watercolour Card on top. I peeled the pieces of card apart and blotted excess off with Kitchen Roll. I kept my second piece for another project.

Working on my first piece, I placed the Prism Effect Mask on one half and misted through with water. I lifted the mask off and turned it over and placed on the other half of my background to get a negative water print. I blotted off with Kitchen Roll. I then misted through a section of the Tzar Mask with the Citrus Lime. I turned it over to get a negative print from the excess ink in another section of my background and blotted off with Kitchen Roll.

This technique is adpated from a technique in the Dyan Reavely Distinctly Dylusional A Guide to Art Journaling Book (due in stock on my website very soon and available to order bere).

I cut the largest die in Sue Wilson's Ecliptic Edger into Coconut White Card 5 times to create a background. I glued it to my misted background using CS Glue in a Woodware Fine Tip Glue Applicator.

I made a frame out of Coconut White Card using dies #2 and #4 from the Square Stitched Peg Board Die Set and added it to my backgrounds using Woodware 3mm Foam Tape.

My sentiment has been created using the Alphabet Grid Die with Coconut Whte and Black Card. I added the tiles to my card using CE Mounting Cushion.

I added a flower and leaves to my frame using the Pinwheel Floral Die Set.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk

27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, love the card today, and the backgrounds you make are really fabulous. When you did this demo, it really made me think I must have a go, just got to find the time with the day job getting in the way of my crafting. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia
    You never fail to amaze me with your wonderful backgrounds.
    this is another gorgeous card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Julia and fabulous background
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, beautiful card today, love all the letters.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card today, love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card julia and a beautiful background x those dies are so versatile x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful background. The edger die looks so effective cut as you have done.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. So effective and a very pretty card too I like the idea of almost a two-fer Waste not what not!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card and gorgeous background.I loved the demo of this card.
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Julia.. a WOW card this morning . As Always a stunning back ground you have created. I think you should write a book on creating backgrounds.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia, I absolutely love everything about this card !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julia Gorgeous card I love the colours & the use of the ecliptic edger to make the background

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the demo Julia when you did it on hochanda very special Iove June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Julia and a brilliant background. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia this is a stunning card I love it . Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving this card Julia .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia,
    Love this card. You used so many die sets that I love ... beautiful background, flowers ...design.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was able to watch you do this technique on Hochanda and enjoyed your shows. Your color combinations are great. Thanks for the inspiration. Now where is that watercolor paper?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these simple yet gorgeous cards with your current favorite technique. Very inspirational for us.
    I am still smitten with the weaving dies...taking them with me to my weekly card making group. They are going to have fits over them I feel certain.
    Have a Wonderful Wednesday,
    Stephanie K
    SC/USA

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies, such a pretty background with lovely delicate colours. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Julia, love the soft background

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Julia with a gorgeous background xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOH Julia i really really love this card, the background the colours and the way you have put the sentiment on. It is just absolutely one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh so beautiful....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!