Sunday 18 December 2016

Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

Here’s today’s card –

 For my background, I scrunched up a piece of Coconut WhiteCard. I opened it out and using Smoothies, I applied Sun-Lit Cedar, Natural Rosewood and Decadent Bamboo Colour Cloud to the peaks. I missed with water, left it for a few minutes for the ink to move a little and then flattened with my Encautic Iron.

Once 100% dry, I stamped one of the panels from the Justrite Playful Painted Trio Stamp Set 3 times using Sun-Lit Cedar. I then randomly stamped one of the postage mark stamps from the Justrite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves Stamp Set using Decadent Bamboo. I edged my background with Sun-Lit Cedar and matted onto Black Card.

I stamped the leaf image from the Creative Expressions Autumn Leaf Bouquet Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with CS Black Detail Embossing Powder. I coloured in using the same 3 Colour Clouds that I used on my background plus a little Decadent Oak Colour Cloud. I cut the image out using the co-ordinating solid leaf die from Sue Wilson's Autumn Leaf Trio Die Set.

I cut dies #3 and #4 from Sue's Swirly Vine Background Die Set out of Black Card. I cut die #4 out of Coconut White Card and coloured it with Sun-Lit Cedar. I glued the 2 die cuts together and added the leaf image.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Scribbled Frame Sentiments onto Coconut White Card using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Black Detail Embossing Powder. I cut it out using Sue's Pierced Flags and cut the next sized die out of Black Card. I edged the sentiment die cut with Sun-Lit Cedar.

I cut some leaves out of Black Card and Copper Pearl Card using Sue's Swirly Leaf Trio Die Set and added them to 2 of the corners of my background.


I assembled the card as shown matting onto Black and Coconut White Card (coloured with Sun-Lit Cedar), adding a couple of Small Black Circle Dazzlers to the top left-hand corner and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat

Sue Wilson is continuing with her One Day Special on Hochanda today with shows at 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 7pm. I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (18th December) - P
hill Martin Sentimentally Yours - Baroque Border Sentiments only £8.99!


27 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card love the colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Julia
    The colours of this card make it look so special.Love it.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Julia and crafters all,
    Lovely card this morning, very pretty. Just watching Sue's show from last night and her showing two of your cards they were beautiful.
    Love and crafty hugs to all
    Tina T xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    A very pretty card today, Thank you.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love how you created the background. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julia, very pretty.
    Marion S xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Sue,
    Gorgeous card, love the colours you have used.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia, a really beautiful card, love the background. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia, I'm loving how you have created this background, so very effective. A lovely card.
    I've had no internet access for the past few days, great when it works and such a pain when it doesn't haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, nice card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Julia, a fabulous card today and that background is just brilliant. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great background technique Julia. Fab card.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia love this card the dies the leaves your colouring in is just lovely thank you love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card design is really "speaking" to me. Love all the textures and coloring. I would like to see you demonstrating this card on Hochanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did demonstrate how to make the background and the leaf image on Hochanda.

      Delete
  15. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies and stamps, I really like your background and colours. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great card Julia! Just letting you know I am still around.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card julia and a fantastic background technique x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the background on your card Julia. Beautiful card. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Thank you for the reminder about scrunching up/inking/ironing to make backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia

    Gorgeous card, love the mix of colours

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant idea Julia. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!