Sunday 4 December 2016

Belated Birthday Wishes

Hi Bloggers.

I'm off up to Nottingham today to demo at Phill Martin's new store 10am till 4pm - if you're in the area please stop by.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I spread some CS Clear Texture Paste through the TST Basketweave Mask onto Coconut White Card. I managed to get a nice smooth finish by using a Dreamweaver Paste Spreader. Leaving the mask in place, I sprinkled over Pale Olive and Aubergine Dream CS Pixie Powders, removed the mask and put aside to dry. Once dry, I trimmed it down and matted onto Black Card.

I spritzed a piece of Watercolour Card with water and sprinkled over the same 2 Pixie Powders and put aside to dry.

I stamped the sentiment from Phill Martin's Butterfly Elegance Sentiments Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card. I cut it out using #2 die from Sue Wilson's Maldives Die Set. I cut dies #3 and #4 together out of Black Card, die #4 only out of my PP background and glued the 2 die cuts together.

I made a flower out of my PP background, Coconut White and Black Card using Sue's Cape Daisy Die Set

I cut a couple of solid leaves out of my PP background using Sue's Autumn Leaf Trio Die Set. I cut a couple of leaves out of Black Card using Sue's Swirly Leaf Trio Die Set and laid them over the solid leaves.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm White Pearls to the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat

Thanks for stopping by.

 Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (4th December) -  C
reative Expressions Stamps to Die For - Heart Striplet only £2.99!


29 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a gorgeous card love the background I think you showed one like this on one of your shows
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    Have fun today .
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia and crafters all,
    Lovely card today, love how you have done the background with the pixie powders, really must get some to try. I have loads of CS mica powders .
    Enjoy your demo day with John, Phill and Chloe at the opening of Phill's new Nottingham Honeypot Crafts.
    Love and crafty hugs to all,
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    Your backgrounds always make your cards special.Beautiful card.
    See you later at Phil's new shop.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely background Julia. I know we tried this technique on your October workshop so I should get a batch of them made.
    Hope you have a wonderful day with the gang in Nottingham and Phill's opening is a huge success.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Lovely card using my favourite flower at the moment. see you later. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    Love the colours of your pretty card. Enjoy your day at Phil's shop.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A fabulous card. Great background and I love how you've done the flower. Enjoy your day, have fun.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I love it. Have a wonderful time at Phill's new shop it should be brilliant. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Julia love the colours the dies wish I could be there have a good day
    Love June horrocks xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card julia x love how you have done the background x have a fantastic day sooo wish I could be there x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, have a safe trip to Nottingham it seems to be a bit icy out there. Love your card, especially the background. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, nice card today, enjoy Nottingham, I bet it is going to be heaving with people.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pixie powder technique on this card.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love the colours. Have a great day in Nottingham, take care and thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this technique with pixie powders, Julia. A very pretty card.
    Would love to be up there in Nottingham today - I bet it will be a lot of fun.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card Julia, loving the style and colour used .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another masterpiece Julia, just love how you use your pixie powders...hope you have a fun filled day demoing...wish I lived closer.....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia,
    what a very wonderful card and love the wonderful background you have created.
    It looks ace.
    Super designing as always.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this technique and the colours you have chosen Aubergine and olive give a "softer" effect in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia

    Great design. Enjoy your day at Phill's new store

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia.

    Beautiful Card. I love your PP backgrounds and the colour combination, I'm beginning to like the Cape Daisy die. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Julia. Thank you for sharing this. Sure you will have a fun day in Nottingham.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good Afternoon Julia, what a beautiful card and I love the effect of the pp they looks like coloured sherbet. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Think you had this background with you today Julia at Nottingham. Really enjoyed my expensive time there today. Your demos were as usual very interesting, informative and inspiring, which is why it was an expensive visit. LOL. Thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the effect f pixie powders and texture paste !! Great card !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely to watch your demos at Phill's today. Rrally like the card and I bought 4 pixie powders to try and more pastes, so need to get my craft room in order and try them. Thank you for your expertise and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card Julia. Hope your day with Phill went well. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!