Saturday 23 July 2016

More Weekend Wow Shows today

Hi Bloggers.

I have another couple of shows on Hochanda today at 11am and 3pm. Hope you can join me.

Here's today's card which I demoed in the 10am show yesterday. You can still watch on it on catch up if you wish at www.hochanda.com.

For the background, I spread some CS Clear Texture Paste through the All Stirred Up Mask onto Coconut White Card. I removed the mask and added CS Luna Silver Mica Flakes and put aside to dry.

I made a frame using Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares and Double Pierced Squares Set B and added it to my background once it was dry using 3d Foam Tape.

I stamped the main image from the Justrite Multi-Step Don't Forget Stamp Set using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed using Phill Martin's CS Platinum Embossing Powder. I removed the excess mica using a dry wet wipe. I cut out using the largest die in the Justrite Vintage Labels Eleven Dies - the whole image doesn't fit but that's not a problem.

I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set, again using Clear Perfect Medium and embossed with Phill's Platinum Powder. I cut it out using a die from the Justrite A2 Card Front Basics Dies.

I cut the largest die from the Justrite Hello Decorative Oval Frames Dies out of Coconut White Card twice. I pressed one of them into my Clear Perfect Medium Pad, added Phill's Platinum Powder and heat set.  I added more ink and more powder. Then, when I heat set this time, I also sprinkled on some CS Luna Silver Mica Flakes which became embedded into the embossing Powder.

With the other Hello die cut, I cut it in half, trimmed the split pointy bit off (see the demo) and glued to pieces to the back of the embossed die cut, off setting them slightly to form a shadow.

I embellished a pair of Sue Wilson's Laurel Leaves in the same way.

I made a scrunched up flower using 6 cuts of the smallest scalloped die in the Hello set ( I demoed this).

I assembled the card as shown adding some CS Polar White Twinkles around the edges of the image and the sentiment and adding some to the edges of the petals of the flower.

I ordered more stock yesterday including the new background stamps. You can find them and other products I have in stock from the shows on my website here. There's 10% discount on them till midnight tonight. I won't be able to do any post now till Monday. Orders placed from Thursday afternoon onwards will be posted Monday/Tuesday. Orders will be processed in the order received.

I've popped photos of the samples from the shows onto my Julia Watts Crafts Facebook Page and to the Gallery Page on this blog.

See you at 11am!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (23rd July) - John Lockwood Camellia Ring Elements Stamp Set only £7.99!


26 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, a beautiful card and love the background.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia and crafters all,
    Very pretty card, I am not into texture pastes and masks but should really give them ago. Sky + set to record shows again today.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Tina T xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia, lovely card today, I missed the show yesterday so am going to watch it now, you always make such stunning creations.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia
    Watched most of your shows yesterday (missed this demo) Beautiful card.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia.
    Thank you so much a lovely card and great shows yesterday.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia. Beautiful card, enjoying the shows. Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is beautiful I love it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia
    A lovely card. I enjoyed yesterday's shows and have set the recorder for today's.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    What a beautiful card. I love your shows and all your cards. Take care out there!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Julia, the card is gorgeous. I love the bling on the background. Still have to catch up on the shows. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card . Looking forward to today's shows.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful, Julia. Must record the shows today.
    The card arrived safely yesterday - thank you so much.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Julia. I love the mica flakes, they add a lovely shimmer.

    Annie P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Julia, oh wow stunning card again. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful Julia love this card thank you see you at 11 am
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card julia x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  18. My Oh My A beautiful card Just seen you show it again on Hochanda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely idea and beautiful card Julia )

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card Julia, colour combo is gorgeous

    Have a good weekend

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card, very rich looking. It was a great demo, I think Mica flakes are going to be my new must have, lol. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Julia! Will watch later on Catch Up! Looking forward to it!
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia, I watched you create this wonderful card yesterday, truly gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia. Just watched you make this card on my Sky planner - gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!