Monday 27 June 2016

Spellbinders One Day Special this evening

Hi Bloggers.

I'm launching a One Day Special on Hochanda this evening at 8pm with some brand new Spellbinders Dies and Stamps - yes, I have some stamps from Spellbinders this time too! The ladies who were on my Stamping Masterclass earlier this month had the chance to use some of the new Spellbinders Stamps and I'm sure they will agree with me that the quality is fantastic and they stamp beautifully.

I have a two-fer for you today featuring both of the stamp/die sets that are included the shows (not in the ODS though). I fell in love with these when I received the samples from Spellbinders a couple of months ago.

Here's the first card -


The background is Coconut White Card embossed with the Spellbinders Elegance M-Bossabilities Folder - I ran it through the Platinum Machine a second time to extend the design and inked around the edges with Chic Pumpkin Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I coloured a piece of Craft Consortium Lily Lace Ribbon with the Chic Pumpkin Colour Cloud and wrapped it around my card.

I stamped the Spellbinders Flower Bouquet Stamp onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I coloured in using Distress Markers - I used Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Milled Lavender, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint. I pulled the colour out using a Water Brush - you may notice that my orange flowers have a slight sheen, this was due to there still being some Mica on my Water Brush from my last shows - a happy accident!

I cut the image out using the die from the Flower Bouquet Set - it cuts with a little border around the edges.

There are a couple of extra dies in the set - a flower and a leaf spray. I cut the leaf die out of Brunswick Green Card twice and hooked the die cuts around my image (Leonie Pujol style!).


I tied a bow using the narrow ribbon from the Craft Consortium White Satin Ribbon Pack and tucked it behind my image.

For some reason, I forgot to put some sentiments stamps on the show so I've dipped around a bit for my sentiments. This one is from John Lockwood's Pierced Tag Sentiments. I've stamped it onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival, cut it down into 3 sections and inked the edges with Chic Pumpkin Colour Cloud using a Smoothie.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Craft Consortium Pearls to the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Here's a pic showing you what you get in the Flower Bouquet Set -

Here's the second card using the other Spellbinders Stamp/Die Set that's on the show -

For the background, I've embossed a piece of Coconut White Card with the same Spellbinders Elegance M-Bossibilities Folder (I must like that one! lol). This time, I've only used it once as the card is 5" x 7" so just fits on one pass through. I've inked around the edged with Rose Blush Colour Cloud using a Smoothie. I matted onto Black Card. I inked a piece of Craft Consortium Floral Notes Lace Ribbon with Rose Blush Colour Cloud and wrapped it around my card.

 I stamped the Spellbinders Embroidered Flowers Stamp onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. This stamp is quite sketchy so is very forgiving if you're not a confident stamper. Having said that, it does stamp beautifully. I've coloured in using Rose Blush and Chic Pumpkin Colour Clouds - I dabbed a little inked from a Smoothie into the lid and picked it up using my Water Brush. I used Twisted Citron Distress Marker for the leaves, pulling the colour out using my Water Brush. I cut it out using the die from the Embroidered Leaves Set, as before, it cuts leaving a little border around the image.

I cut the largest die from the Spellbinders Renaissance Vine Die Set out of Coconut White Card and inked though the die with Rose Blush Colour Cloud.

I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Chrysanthemum Stamp Set onto Coconut White Card using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using a rectangular die from the Spellbinders Renaissance Tags Two Die Set and inked through the die with Rose Blush.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 5mm Craft Consortium Pearls to the corners and piercing around the edges using my Tim Holtz Ruler, Precision Probe and Piercing Mat.

Here's a pic showing you what you get in the Embroidered Flowers Set -

I'm offering 10% discount on items I have in stock from the shows. You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tomorrow night. Discount will be applied at checkout.

As I am still doing prep, I won't have time to parcel up any website orders today. Orders placed before 7pm yesterday will be posted this morning. Orders placed after 7pm yesterday will be posted on Wednesday.

The winner of the Freebie Friday Card on June 24th is ....................

Jennifer Smith-Kirk 

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your address and I'll pop it in the post later this week.

Hope to see you later!

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
10% discount on new Sue Wilson Festive Collection till midnight Wednesday 29th June.You can find them on my website here. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (27th June) - Sue Wilson Italian Collection Decorative Frames Die Set only £9.99!


36 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Those stamps look so pretty. I might not be home but I'll put you on record. I love to watch your shows. Hope you get the lower counters tonight!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the shows, Julia. The stamp and die are lovely.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, the stamp and die sets are lovely. Your cards are beautiful samples of what can be done with them. Hope the shows go well. Congrats to Jennifer on winning the card. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia.
    Thank you, two very pretty cards.
    Congratulations to Jennifer.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards Julia, what great stamps!
    Maggie B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia. Two beautiful cards, love the stamps and the way the dies cut with a border. Congratulations to Jennifer. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards. Will be watching shows tonight and tomorrow Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Julia, two fabulous cards and love the stems and dies. Congratulations Jennifer.

    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia
    Two very pretty cards today, looking forward to seeing the shows.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards I have already set the record button
    Well done to Friday's winner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two very lovely cards. I'll be recording the programmes to watch tomorrow evening.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Julia the cards today are stunning. I love those new stamps. I am looking forward to your shows I always learn so much from you. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty cards today Julia .i love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia
    Two beautiful cards. I'm looking forward to your shows, these stamps are gorgeous.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the die and stamp sets, Julia. Looking forward to the shows.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia,
    Two beautiful cards, I love the pink one as it reminds me of the colours in my garden at the moment. The stamps look great too, hope all goes well on Hochanda, take care.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Julia, Two gorgeous cards here, both beautiful, the second one is my favourite, I love the softness of the stamp and I love the beautiful intricate frame.
    Congratulations to Jennifer.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Julia,
    Lovely card, pity your show is on the same time as the England game, I'll have to watch on catch up.
    Good luck with the shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia. I am liking the look of these dies and stamps. As well as recording I will be popping backwards and forwards between you and the footie. Although if the past few matches are anything to go by I will soon be bored and watching you by the time you get to demoing. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card Julia, looking forward to tonight

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Julia, looking forward to tonight

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your cards Julia they are beautiful love the stamps so preety thank you love June Horrocks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards today are beautiful. I love the Craft Consortium Lace. Also a lover of the pumpkin colour. I must add smoothies to my list. Looking forward to your shows.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia, Gorgeous cards i love the use of the lace .
    Well done to Jennifer she will be thrilled .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Julia.

    Two very pretty Cards. I think these are lovely stamps and dies and your colour choices are great. Thanks for sharing.

    Congratulations Jennifer Smith-Kirk.

    I hope you have great shows, thank goodness for catchup, lol.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Julia,
    Two pretty cards - the stamps and dies look very interesting! Safe travel and look for ward to seeing the shows!
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty cards julia x the dies and stamps are beautiful x looking forward to your shows x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good Afternoon Julia, wow those new combo dies and stamps are just so beautiful its amazing how many of the companies are now doing this clever ideas for sure and it certainly better than trying to cut it out by hand. Hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good afternoon Julia,
    although the peach card is not my sort of colour, your pink card is so pretty, so beautiful that i can see me using this die and stamp set over and over again. THe peach card is lovely as well but i think that it's just a tad too bright for me and i prefer the more gentle touch that you have put to the pink card. But thank you flower for two lovely cards, i hope that you have a great time tonight on Hochanda
    love and crafty hugs
    Norah McPhee (glenochil )

    ReplyDelete
  30. Julia i love both of these cards, they are so pretty.
    Looking forward to the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  31. 2beautiful cards Julia. Must remember to put my recorder on for your shows.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both cards are beautiful I love the warm colours of the first and the delicate colours in the second It seems that this idea of a stamp and matching die seems to be very fashionable at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Julia,
    Gorgeous dies and stamps resulting in beautiful cards.
    Love the chic pumpkin colour cloud, will this tone in with Phills new copper range?
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  34. Morning Julia, Two gorgeous cards here, both beautiful, the second one is my favourite, I love the softness of the stamp and I love the beautiful intricate frame.
    Congratulations to Jennifer.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both cards Julia. The stamps and dies look very good. Will have to watch the shows on Catch up as Internet not goid at the moment

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!