Tuesday 5 November 2013

Joy

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

The background is the Caught in Crystal technique as per Sue's tutorial here. On my sample I used Cosmic Shimmer Clear Crystal Lacquer, Cool Peri, Aqua and Denim Alcohol Inks and I sprinkled a little Silver Chrome and Ice Blue Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk Glitter instead of Mica Powder.

I stamped the Beaded Lattice Bauble using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in with a slection of Cosmic Shimmer Matt Drawing Inks, Mica Powders and Watercolours (sorry I can't remember the exact colours as I coloured this at Ally Pally). I cut it out using Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament 2012. I added a few 5mm White Pearls and a bow tied from 3 lengths of American Seam Binding in Blue White.

I stamped the sentiment from the Love & Joy at Christmas Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Clear Powder. I cut it out using a Justrite Vintage Labels Four Die and inked through the die with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.

I cut some snowflakes out using the Snowflake Pendant 2011 and 2012 die sets. I added some pearls to the centres.

I assembled the card as shown adding some more white pearls in the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Silver Lustre around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

31 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I hope you are enjoying your holiday. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. I love this card. The background and colours are stunning. I must have a go at it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Julia
    This card is lovely some of the little dies look like star fish without the bauble it cauld be under the ocean. thank you take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, a beautiful Christmas card and just my colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, the caught in crystal effect is stunning in those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia,

    This a gorgeous Christmas Card, beautiful colours and I love the Bauble.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi Julia,

      Lovely card. Love this technique background. Colours are gorgeous. X

      Delete
  7. Hi Julia
    Another stunning card love everything about it thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colour combo Julia, the background is fabulous. I haven't used this technique for years but now I think I'll give it a go again. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, what an awesome card, love the colours and the background, bauble is fab in those colours. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Julia, I love the 'caught in crystal' technique in your background, it always amazes me how beautiful it looks. Loving the colours you have used.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Julia. This simple card is outstanding, love it....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia, wow, just stunning. I love the caught in crystal technique, the whole card looks amazing. Love Jean xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card love the caught in crystal background xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julia,

    Love the card. Hope you are having a great holiday.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Julia,
    Firstly hope you are enjoying your break. The card today is gorgeous, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia, what a pretty card today and gorgeous background. Hope you are having a lovely holiday. Kind regards Joanne K x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia. Stunning card today. Love the background - fact love everything about it.
    Hope you're having a good holiday.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia, This is a gorgeous card, love the background, the caught in crystal is a stunning technique. The colours and bauble are beautiful.
    Hope you are having a great holiday.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card today,I love the colours used in this one and love the caught in crystal technique.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Julia, I do like the background

    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Julia, love the colours and the background

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia, just love the background for this card. Hope you are having a relaxing break, best wishes Jackie D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia. love the background and the bauble.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Julia
    Simply Stunning.. I love it
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card today,Julia .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this card. I must tidy my craft room so I can play. Mabex

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia. Love the colours on this card. Trying to pluck up the courage to do the caught in crystal technique myself. Take care. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card, love the crystal lacquer background !

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!