Monday 19 September 2011

Tissues

Hi,

I spotted a technique in the August edition of Craft Stamper Magazine which involved stamping onto a tissue. Thought I'd give it a go and this is what I came up with :


It doesn't matter if you use 2 ply or 3 ply tissues as you only use the top layer on your card. I stamped some images from the Creative Expressions stamp set Wine Label onto my tissue using a Black Archival ink pad. I tore around each image and then removed the extra layers - just keeping the stamped layer. I painted some Eco-Green paint in Lake, Lilac and Periwinkle onto a square piece of white card.

Once the pain was dry I covered the surface with some watered down school PVA. I then placed the tissue images where I wanted them. I covered these with another layer of watered down PVA and put aside to dry.

I stamped the script text from the stamp set all over the two blue pieces of card I was using as a matt and cut 4 purple borders using the Spellbinders Parisian Accents die set.

Once dry, I trimmed off any overhanging pieces of tissue from my topper and highlighted the creases with some silver metallic rub on. I edged the whole thing with Black Soot Distress Ink.

The layers were then assembled onto a Craftwork Cards 8 x 8 card blank and some Creative Expressions Screw brads added to each corner.

It's a fun technique - why not give it a try?

Thanks for stopping by.
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only positive comments please!