Saturday 13 February 2016

Remember

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I cut one of Sue Wilson's Double Pierced Squares Set B out of Coconut White Card. I added the largest die in the Couture Creations Malvoisie Corners Die Set and ran it through the Spellbinders Platinum Machine.

I cut the other 2 dies in the Malvoisie Corners Die Set out of Black Card and added them to the corresponding corners at the back of the frame die cut, offsetting them slightly to create a shadow.

I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Couture Creations Large Circles Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design. I added the frame to it using 3d Foam.

I stamped the sentiment from the Creative Expressions Fabulous Sentiments Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival. I cut it out using the the middle die from the Couture Creations Scrolled Tomentosa Die Set. I cut the largest die in the set out of Black Card. I put the ornate frame aside to use in another project and just used the fall away inner piece.

I cut the smallest die in the Scrolled Tomentosa Set out of White Card 3 times and out of Black Card 3 times. I made a scrunched up flower, alternating the layers between back and white.

I cut the smallest die in the Couture Creations Mercanto Flourish out of Coconut White Card and used the die cut as leaves for my flower.

I assembled the card as shown adding some 8mm Black Pearls, a Black mat cut with Sue's Double Pieces Squares and a White mat cut with Sue's Double Pierced Squares Set B.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).
Deal of the Day today (13th February) - Spellbinders Heirloom Oval only £12.99!

32 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, what a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    A love card, I really like the sentiment.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia,
    "Stunning Card" I Love The Colour Palette Thank You For Sharing....
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julia, oh I do like todays card, the sentiment says it all, but the way you have used all the dies and even the flower, yes it ticks all the boxes for me.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia
    Love these dies. Must invest - you do such nice things with them. Lovely!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia ,another outstanding card. I never would have thought of using alternative layers of black & white card to make the flower thank you. Gloria (sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, very striking.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. An uncomplicated but very classy card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia. Lovely card. Love the shadows. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing beats Black and White, perfect, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Julia,
    A very striking card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julia, this card is fabulous, love the die with the intricate corners, and another uplifting sentiment. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely card Julia, especially with your signature flower. Thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so stylish, Julia. I love it.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the card love the words thank you Julia love June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Afternoon Julia, loving your card today x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Julia,
    Love the monochrome look and this is lovely.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, A very pretty card, and the sentiment is lovely - I would love to think that someone does .....
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, A very pretty card, and the sentiment is lovely - I would love to think that someone does .....
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your card today, Have a lovely Valentines weekend.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Julia.

    Lovely Card. Great dies, love the shadowing. Monotone is very dramatic and I really like that you have carried this on into your flower, Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia

    Great card, I love monochrome!

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, beautiful, just love it....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Julia
    Beautiful card & love how you have incorporated the Malvoisie Corners die to the frame, amazing..
    Always love monochrome colours as it looks sophisticated & clean to me.

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze T xx (Norwich)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving the 2 tone flower. Fabulous!
    Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Evening Julia. Lovely card and sentiment. X

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Julia,
    Beautiful card, love it.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!