Friday 29 November 2013

Purple Tones

Hi Bloggers.

Joan has not come forward to claim the Blog Candy prize so I have made the draw again. The new winner is -

Marilyn Mcnama!!

Please email me at juliawattscrafts@gmail.com with your addy and I'll pop your prize in the post.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I used Coconut White Card. I randomly inked through the Squared Mask with Dusty Concord Distress Ink using Cut n Dry Foam. I then repeated the process with the Filigree Mask and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. With the stamp in my hand I randomly stamped the Heartfelt Creations Burnished Keys Stamp using Dusty Concord. I made sure that the ink was dry and then ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Couture Creations Cheerful Embossing Folder. I ran it through a second time to extend the design. I then rubbed Pearl Moon Gilding Wax all over. Once dry I buffed it up with a dry wetwipe and inked around the edges with Dusty Concord.

I stamped the image from the Heartfelt Creations Keys and Roses Stamp Set using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured it in using Lapis Lavender Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Summer Shades Mica Spray Set and Apple Green Mica Powder from the Cosmic Shimmer Luscious Greens Mica Spray Set. I cut it our using Spellbinders Classic Squares Large and inked through the die with Dusty Concord. I stamped the main image again and embossed using Clear Powder. Using the template I had made for the Heartfelt Creations Burnished Key die, I lined the relevant key shape up over the key in the image. I slotted the Burnished Key die in place and secured with removable tape. I then ran it through the Grand Calibur to cut and emboss. Use this technique if you don't want to cut out the full set of keys. I cut a mat out of Heather Card using Spellbinders Grand Squares and Spellbinders Gold Squares One.

I made some flowers out of Heather Card and felt from the Vintage Felt Pack using the Heartfelt Creations Sweet Juliet Die Set. I cut some leaves using the same die set.

I assembled the card as shown adding an 8mm White Pearl in each corner and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in White around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

34 comments:

  1. Good morning Julia,
    Love the colors in this card and the fun flowers. It is fresh and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia. Thank you this card is very pretty the flowers are so dainty take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia. Love the colours, and the flowers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia
    Lovely card today love the flowers the colours great to thank you Tracy w x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia, Congratulations to the new Winner, Marilyn.
    Your card today is really pretty, I love the background, I love the colours and the focal element and flowers are stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and can't get enough of 'Sweet Juliet' ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. I saw the demo where you made the flowers they are brilliant. Have a great day. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia glad you have covered the burnished keys set as I ordered these from the show and they have just arrived. Beautiful stamps and die set. Congrats to Mary Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Julia,

    Stunning card, so love these stamps/dies. Beautiful colour combination.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, another beautiful card using these new stamps and dies. Love the colours and your stunning background. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, I love the colours, I can't wait to get my hands on some of these sets. Have a great weekend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the new stamps and die sets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card with lovely colours and those amazing flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just fabulous,gorgeous details and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julia,

    Really love these colours. Congrats to the winner.

    Have a great weekend everyone.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Julia
    Fabulous card today, loving these new flowers. The colours today are fab.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh Joan love, you missed your gift ! Congrats to Marylin hope you enjoy your gift.
    Morning Julia and Wattsonettes, brrr its cold today, may I suggest we all stay home and have a crafty day ? Go on, you know you want to : )
    What a purple card we have today and how beautiful. We could almost say that the new 'toys' from JR/CE etc have given us the key to open up our crafting juices. Those little flowers are so cute, if they had fur Id stroke them ! Well, its time for me to hibernate until Spring or until it warms up next year only leave our home for hospital appointments, so with time on my hands I will be able to use the idea's both Julia and Sue give us and work with what I have here. I need to appologise Julia, you gave us a tip to soften our guilding wax on your last lot of shows, and yesterday I think I thanked Sue for that tip, how dare I take the glory away from our dear little ex-Brummie Muppet (Julia's words not mine) lol.
    Cant wait for you and Sue to be back on our screens again Julia.
    Just love it when you do 'boo boo's makes me feel Im not alone lol.
    So ladies, that's me done for now, sending warm hugs to all. Have a lovely day.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, stunning colours

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Julia,
    Great card, I love the Juliette flowers but I think the die is a bit expensive.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colours in this card Julia and the sweet little flowers are beautiful.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Julia,

    This card is beautiful. The colours are gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning card Julia, I think the detail on the stamp is stunning. Lovely flowers - wish I could get my hands on the die but everywhere seems to be out of stock at the moment. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia
    Such a stunning card today. The detail on the stamp is second to none. The colours are my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very lovely card Julia I love the colours and the flowers are gorgeous love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Julia, another fabulous card like the lilac and the flowers.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning Julia lovely card, my stamps and masks arrived yesterday, need some time to be able to play with them now! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Julia, really nice card today and lovely colours.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Julia, Pretty card, the detail on the stamp is stunning, love the colours and the flowers.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you Julia for more wonderful cards using all the goodies from Sunday's shows. Also, thank you LANCASHIRE STEPH for your warning about my unclaimed card. I got home very late last night and saw my name in capitals on Sue's blog and just emailed her in time. Typical that I was called away for a poorly relative and not near a computer just at the wrong time! XX

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooh, it's lovely! Love the stamp detail particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  31. had to buy the Juliet die as soon as I saw your lovely cards. can't wait for it to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Julia. Gorgeous card. Yesterday I was undecided about the flower but having seen it in these beautiful colours I have changed my mind and it is now on my ever growing wish list. It didn't take long did it! Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi PJ so pleased you got the message in time and have emailed Sue. I did wonder if you couldnt get online for a reason. Never mind, at least you will have a wonderful card to look forward to.

    Julia Im so very sorry but where do I find your 'toy's for sale' please ? I click on ebay at the top of your blog but it doesnt mention craft ! Does it matter Im not registered on ebay ? Cant get my dumb head round it love ! Why isnt my brain helping me out here !!!!

    Weary hugs.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!