Thursday 29 January 2015

Flowers of True Friendship

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I ran a piece of Milk Card through the Grand Calibur with the Creative Expressions Rambling Blossoms Embossing Folder (my fave at the moment in case you haven't guessed!) and inked around the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

I stamped the leaves from the Justrite A Flower For Your Thoughts Clear Stamp Set using Olive Archival. I stamped the flower from the same stamp set (the leaves and the flower are separate stamps) using Vermillion Archival. I stamped the sentiment (again from the same set) using Jet Black Archival. I cut them out using Spellbinders Labels 29 and inked through the die with Aged Mahogany.

I cut a couple of leaves out of Rich Red Card using Sue's Petite Vinery Die Set and made a flower out of Burgundy/Ivory Striped Grosgrain.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Cream Pearls, a strip of Burgundy/Ivory Striped Grosgrain and I pierced the around the edges.

I thought I'd show you a pic of the stamp set I used as it's really quite pretty and quite versatile with flowers and foliage separate so that you can stamp with multiple ink pads.

The stamp at the top left is 2 stamps with the foliage and leaves/flourish separate. It's the one I used on Monday's card here.

I've loaded photos of all the new samples I made for Tuesday's shows onto Facebook here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

24 comments:

  1. Morning Julia and all crafters, oh such a beautiful card again today, I never tire of seeing your stuff and watching you, hope you will be at Ally Pally again in April.

    Have a great Thursday everyone, wrap up warm it is freezing out there, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Julia.
    Thank you lovely stamp set. Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julia, another lovely card, love the strip of ribbon, different but very effective as it ties in perfectly with the flower. The stamp set is gorgeous. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Julia,

    Great embossing.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous. The stamp set is so pretty. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These stamps are such a great idea Being able to stamp in different colours without masking is such a bonus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia,
    A very pretty card, love the ribbon banner,
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Julia , love the ribbon flower and strip behind the sentiment, makes it stand out, must try it!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia, a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia

    A really lovely card. I like everything about it.

    I don't remember if i said this yet- Really enjoyed your shows this week, I thought you demo'd the techniques brilliantly

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia. V pretty card in a lovely cheery colour. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and a lovely colour to warm us all up xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Julia - loved your shows on Tuesday. Dean and yourself are like a double act it was such a giggle as well as informative. Also Dawn and yourself are really good as she is a talented Crafter like yourself. Keep up the good work. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia and all

    Lovely card, great colour and I really like the stamps. It is great that they are separate it will make stamping so easy, so pleased I ordered them. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Striking card, love the colour. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Julia, really like the flower.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, I love the way you have used the strip of ribbon - it looks gorgeous and a perfect way to use some of those scraps that are too short to make into bows, but too nice to throw away! The stamps are beautiful too - I particularly like the bluebell spray.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another lovely card Julia. Sadly, my Sky box failed to record either of the shows - very annoying - so I'll pop over to Facebook and see what I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia
    Very pretty card today & just what we need to brighten up a very cold & wet day on the North Norfolk Coast, have had a few sleet showers but raining now...

    Love the colours & that Rambling Blossoms Embossing folder is so pretty & I must get that right now !!
    Love the sentiment & will have to get those as well....

    Crafty Hugs
    Haze xx



    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card Julia so beautiful thank you been missing for two weeks no phone no internet awful. Love to all xxxxxxxjune hot too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice card Julia and lovely stamps.
    Have a nice evening, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  22. stunning as usual Julia, haven't commented for a while but pressed like on face book, this is a lovely verse, thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!