Wednesday 16 April 2014

For You

Hi Bloggers.

Forgot to tell you yesterday that the 'white' Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Pastes are now in stock in my Amazon Store - Frosty Dawn here and Icicle Blue here.

Here's today's card -

For the background, I started by spritzing a piece of Coconut Card with Scarlet Sunrise Cosmic Shimmer Ink Spray Mist. I popped a little Russet Red Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Paint on to my Craft Sheet. I picked a little up on a piece of Cut n Dry Foam and 'inked' through a section of the Floral Frame Mask in each corner of the card.

I stamped the For You Stamp using Jet Black Archival and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder. I coloured in using Scarlet Sunrise Ink Spray Mist, Enchanted Gold and Golden Pear from the Cosmic Shimmer Garden Tones Watercolour Paint Set. For the frame, I mixed a little Enchanted Gold Watercolour with a little Scarlet Sunrise Ink Spray Mist. I cut it out using Spellbinders Grand Rectangles and inked through the die with Festive Berries Distress Ink.

I cut a piece of Black Card and ran it through the Grand Calibur with the Spellbinders Elite M-Bossabilities Folder. I 'inked' around the edges with Russet Red Shimmer Paint using Cut n Dry Foam.

I tied a bow using Black Crochet Ribbon. I cut a small flower from Sue's Classic Rose Die Set, inking around the edges with a little Festive Berries Distress Ink. I added a Black Vintage Button.

I assembled the card as shown adding some Black Pearls to the corners and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA in Black Pearl around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.

31 comments:

  1. Morning Julia, lovely card, so evocative with the red poppies, classic colour combo red, black and white. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia. Poppies are so beautiful and they look great on this lovely card. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning - what a beautiful card, love the background and the poppies really stand out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Julia red and black look so good together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Julia.
    Thank you a lovely card.take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Julia, lovely card, do love poppies! Love Jean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia, A really lovely card today, I love, love, love, poppies, I can't grow them (I have tried but they don't like my soil) but I so love to see them, and they look gorgeous on your card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, beautiful card. Loving the red & black together & those poppies are gorgeous, my Mum would love them as she has a thing about poppies.
    See you soon
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poppies are always a fav with me lovely & bright & should be used all year around The black certainly makes it all "pop" Havw a great day people

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Julia today's card is gorgeous I just love poppies and those new stamps look so effective. Have a great day. Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julia great mix of black and red and poppies are so lovely and gracefulx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card,gorgeous image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia,
    Another lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Julia. I love the poppies and the black and red.
    Hugs to all love from Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Julia, Stunning card, love the poppies, they are so evocative and the black really pops.
    Take care.
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Julie, love the Poppies.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is awsum Julia love the poppies thank you for sharing I am hoping to go to France to honour my two grandfathers that died in the battle of the Somme that card would be perfect to leave at the grave love always June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Julia love the colours xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Julia, a lovely card. Really like the poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Julia, Lovely card and the stamp such beautiful poppies so pretty. love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia. Lovely card. I'm very tempted by those poppies on the stamp, I have a
    'thing' about poppies :( !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia
    love the poppies and the background on this card. I love how the floral mask looks as well. That and the swirly frame is a must to go to the top of my list. Not to sure if you read these Julia. But the card I won arrived yesterday and it's stunning. I'm going to frame it and put it up on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julia

    OOh red and black - beautiful! Love the floral mask very much.
    The poppies and stamps are great.
    The Queen of Backgrounds has done it again!!
    Oh I hope I can make it to Ally Pally in September - sounds such fun and would be lovely to meet you.

    Back to work.....
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card with the red and black,brings out the poppies beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the red and black and I adore poppies so this is a real winner for me! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Julia
    late today have had computer trouble, love this card it is stunning
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card, Julia!! The stamps are gorgeous and I love the offset matting. Really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Evening Julia
    Fabulous card, love the colours and the stamps are really calling to me - I really like the matting.
    TFS
    Hugs
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can't beat red poppies can you. Lovely card and lovely to meet you at last on Saturday. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Julia,
    Have said in the past that I was a bit late - well this takes the biscuit - it's tomorrow!
    Love the poppies! Need to be brief - its bed time!
    Thanks again,
    Love Myra

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!