Thursday 31 August 2017

Gilded Paper Cuts Jingle Bells

Hi Bloggers.

Here's today's card -

I started by popping a piece of Creative Expressions Double Sided Self Adhesive Sheet onto a piece of Coconut White Card. I cut the plain circle die from the Paper Cuts Jingle Bells Die Set from it. I trimmed just a little from the outside edge. I cut the Jingle Bells die and the plain circle die together out of Graphite Pearl Card. I removed the backing sheet from the circle die cut and added my Jingle Bells die cut. I added CS Egyptian Gold Gilding Flakes to the exposed adhesive, removing the excess with a piece of Rubit Scrubit.

I cut the decorative circle die from the Paper Cuts Turtle Doves Die Set out of Graphite Pearl Card.

For my background, I embossed a piece of Coconut White Card using the Creative Expressions Ice Crystals Embossing Folder. I matted onto Graphite Pearl Card and then another piece of Coconut White Card.

I cut one of the corners from the Paper Cuts Tutle Doves Die Set out of Graphite Pearl Card 4 times and added them to the corners of my background.

I finished my card by adding CS Gold Twinkles around the edges, to the centre of the bow corners and to the holly in the Jingle Bells centre.

Lisa Horton has shows on Hochanda today at 10am, 2pm and 7pm with some brand new stamps designed by the lady herself. I'm offering 10% discount on items from the shows on my website (all the stamps currently in stock - I love them!) You can find them here. Offer applies till midnight tonight or while stocks last. Discount will be applied automatically at checkout.

Thanks for stopping by.

Julia.
www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk
Free card with all website orders over £10 (ask for one in the comments box at checkout).

22 comments:

  1. Hi Julia
    Lovely card,Love the gold flakes.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sue .. Stunning card this morning . I know Gilding flakes like to shy from the camera and it will be more stunning in the flesh. I really enjoyed your shows showing of these dies.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Julia. Thanks for the reminder about Lisa's shows that are on today.
    Marion S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, the gilding flakes really set it off.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, very striking.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Julia. Wonderful Christmas Card again Julia. Really must get started with mine. Or shall I leave it till I get back from holiday. Kind regards Ann Toppcards Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julia love this Christmas cardlovely card for someone special
    Thank you Love june xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this card when it was on Hochanda - made me buy the die! Great tip about cutting the adhesive sheet just a bit smaller than the die so you don't get too many gilding flakes on the edge. Thank you.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julia
    A beautiful card. As Jan says, great tip about trimming a bit from the die cut for the backing.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning julia lovely card today

    Stay safe, healthy and happy hugs June Smith xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Julia,
    Love your card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I know why Jan bought this die. A beautiful card, Julia.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Julia, Beautiful !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, a beautiful and opulent card. Love it, I think the Jingle bells die is one of my favourites. Have a great day all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A rich and elegant card. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia.

    Great Card. Great dies and colour. I wish the corner dies where available separately, I would love them all. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card julia x the black really stands out against the gorgeous gilding flakes x
    Theresa w x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia,
    Lovely card. Thanks for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card I must have another go with gilding flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous card Julia

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Julia lovely card I love the die and the gilding flakes

    ReplyDelete

Only positive comments please!